Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #16

I think it's admirable you're trying to help this fellow out the way he wants, and how he doesn't want to waste money.. however, time = money for most of us, so the more time you spend running around trying to find this oddball part, the more money he's costing you. You're going to reach the point where you have to start buying things and hoping when they arrive they're the right part. That gets expensive.

Can you replace the whole starter?
Starter is good, it's what's beyond that's hooped!

Can you replace the engine assembly?
Have been contemplating this, but his bike is shaft drive, not sure how well this will hook up, as most available are set up for chain drive.

If you bought the Gio clutch and the Gio Gear you've shown, would that work?
Am considering this as well. As I mentioned earlier there is a 3 tooth difference between the two as far as I can tell. I'm thinking it's worth a try though. Depending if Gio puts another clutch assembly up for auction soon or not. I don't want to pay full price to use as a test. What I may do is pull the clutch pack outa a beast I have at home and see. Probably smarter financially, but as you said time = $$$.

If it's cheaper and possible to do the top to I would investigate, or tell him you can't find the part, it's costing you loads of time and energy, and you're better off at this point to flip him a new unit like PCD suggested.[/quote]

Yes, I agree. Just trying all options first. I'd rather put in more time and effort in order to keep someone happy if at all possible. "Some things are priceless"!!! Ohh, wait a min... that's a credit card commercial!

Go hard for two days, fix for five, then start over again!

Old 11-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #17

Update

Just got an email from Zstar, and the part has actually come in. Thanks for all the help and advice! Looks like I'll get it going after all, without having to substitute parts.
Have a great day all!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #18

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnburn99
Just got an email from Zstar, and the part has actually come in. Thanks for all the help and advice! Looks like I'll get it going after all, without having to substitute parts.
Have a great day all!
Great to hear!

Good luck with it!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #19

Maybe you could take a few moments to put up a pic for us. I'd like to see it.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Maybe you could take a few moments to put up a pic for us. I'd like to see it.
Umm I'd love to but...How do I get one on here from my computer? I was able to post one from the Gio site a few posts back, but I don't know how to get one from my computer. Sorry to have to ask...

Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #21

Ok, think I have it now. Here is a picture of the broken part. Hope they send out the right piece! And to answer a previous question, the engine is a Zongshen.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #22

ZSTAR DEALER

I would say good to ZSTAR for suppling the part to this person and making it easier for him to fix this,., You can always Googlr ZSTAR.. the toll free number is there for you to get parts.. I sell this brand ,. and they like GIO are always helpful to get parts.. I sometimes fly them from CHina to get them here faster.. they can not have everything on hand for all models... new and old models..