Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #1

Gio 110cc ATV rewiring??

Hey guys... i was cruising around the classifieds and found what i think could be a decent deal.... there is a 110cc giovianni ATV... but it has a couple issues... 1 is electrical.. it will start if you jump from the lawn tractor directly to the starter.. but wont run turn key..or by jumping the battery apparently..so rewiring i assume is what needs to be done...
Also it is missing the chain tightener bolt..which i assume i can use any bolt.... he was asking $200.. but will take $175 for the bike...

Thoughts on if its worth it... and/or any known fixes for these issues if they are common........

Thanks for all the Help Guys..

Cheers
Leines

Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #2

Well it would be quite funny if that guy didn't know you have to grab the brake before it will start, could be as simple as that, but if it will start from another 12V source then just checking the wiring would be an easy task, the manual for my 50cc has the wiring diagram, i would check if he has the manual and see if the diagram is in there. Could just be a bad switch somewhere, or a loose wire.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #3

beyond just wiring.. if it started one day..and didnt start the next... what could be the issues... or better question..from the battery and the key..what is between that and the starter..as it starts directly to the starter.....

also is he correct in that i can use any bolt for the chain tightener bolt? like something i could get at any motorcycle shop..or from gio directly???

Thanks again..

Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leines
beyond just wiring.. if it started one day..and didnt start the next... what could be the issues... or better question..from the battery and the key..what is between that and the starter..as it starts directly to the starter.....

also is he correct in that i can use any bolt for the chain tightener bolt? like something i could get at any motorcycle shop..or from gio directly???

Thanks again..
I would be checking the wiring harness connectors. The wires slide into the little white pieces, and they can wiggle back and forth. I have a Gio Hummer in the family and a couple of the wires would pull back from the rectifier harness, you could push them back in and ride it around and they would suddenly work back and kill the spark. There are a bunch of wires all bunched together that come from the ignition key, and branch off into the kill switch, brake lights, cdi and electrical parts. It's more than likely a loose or frayed wire. They are dinky little wires and can pull and break easily.

If I was a gambler (which I'm not) I'd bet the farm that it's one wire pulled out of a plug and it's good to go. The trick is to find it.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leines

Thanks again..
You should be able to find any long bolt and nut that fits in the spot below the axel in the center. There are two there, so you can use one to compare if there is only one missing.