Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #16

Sounds like none of them ride cruisers... Cruisers are great if you like to do any kind of road trip, or as the name implies simply for cruising.... Mine works great for commuting to and from work also. In fact it hasn't been anywhere it couldn't handle, including gravel highways and logging roads.

Back on the subject of Triumphs, the Bonneville's I test rode were very comfortable... One of them was all done up with all the options, the exhaust on the bike did not suit it, it looked more like a sport bike pipe then a british style pipe, but it sounded good... The other one sounded pretty quiet stock, but it looked right... I am told there is an arrow exhaust which makes the bike sound better, but still has the appearance of the stock pipe...

Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #17

Hey guys, I am back in town.. Been a LONG week. I got the first part of the Bonneville ride edited.. 2 more to go. Then I will post all three. The Tiger 1050 will probably be next week.
Thanks for all the comments.. and the discussion.. I really liked the way the touring model handled... it felt much lighter than the regular Rocket.

And I have to say I agree with the Bonnie being really great... If I had to pick one it would be that bike. But if i hit the Lotto??? I would have one of each...

Ken

Old 09-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kens97sto171
And I have to say I agree with the Bonnie being really great... If I had to pick one it would be that bike. But if i hit the Lotto??? I would have one of each...

Ken
And a really big garage to keep them all in

Old 09-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #19

I like the bonnevilles as well.

Heres My 08.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #20

Really nice The only things I would like to change on them is, under the headlight, visible from the front is the voltage regulator or something to that extent (really I have no idea, a little metal box thing with cooling fins), I think this should be less obvious. And 2, I wish that this had the nice round chrome covers with the holes like the America has over the air cleaners I believe.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Really nice The only things I would like to change on them is, under the headlight, visible from the front is the voltage regulator or something to that extent (really I have no idea, a little metal box thing with cooling fins), I think this should be less obvious. And 2, I wish that this had the nice round chrome covers with the holes like the America has over the air cleaners I believe.
That an oil cooler... needs to be visible so the air can get to it. Remember this 08 bike is supposed to be "like" an old triumph, they are called "Modern Classics" But the new ones are making much more power due to better engines, and fuel injection. That means more heat to get rid of without significantly changing the way the bike looks.

Here is a pic of a 1969 Bonneville

Here is a 2008

I wish more motorcycle manufacturers would make these types of bike. I would LOVE to be able to go buy a new Honda CB350, but with better brakes, and suspension and fuel inj etc. These style bikes are very comfortable to ride, and have a nice low seat too.

have a good one.
Ken

Old 09-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #22

No, I'm not talking about the oil cooler... I am talking about directly under the headlight, not between the frame rails...

And the other thing I was talking about is just behind the throttle body part on the america, the chrome cover

Other then that, I really like how it looks... It looks good without that piece I mentioned, I just think it would be a nice touch... I don't think there is room on the Bonneville for it though.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #23

Sorry I totally missed that. Yeah that does look kinda weird.. But I don't think I even noticed it on the real bike. I wonder if you were standing next to the bike or around the front of it.. from a standing height if the headlight sorta hides the thing???

They probably mounted it there for air flow too... but I think they could have done something nicer with the cooling fins... put a logo in the middle or something.

Still the bike was great overall...
and you can't see that thing when your riding it

I did not really get to look at the America very closely at the ride, it certainly was getting lots of attention though, just not my type of bike. I did sit on it... and it did not really fit me very well.

The real suprize was the Rocket Touring... BIG HEAVY.. but not when your riding it.

I really like Triumph's lineup .. they have almost every catagory of bike covered and several bikes in each one.. and they are all well done.

Ken

Old 09-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #24

Nah, I noticed it pretty easy when looking, it isn't hidden well.. It's not a big deal though, really a sharp looking bike.

The America is nice too, but it didn't fit me as good either, it has more of the cruiser feel my Vulcan does, but the pegs are a little further ahead then mine. Both are very nice bikes though.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #25

I think that's the rectifier or something. I know the biatch gets hotter than heck so that's a good spot for it. Right up there in front with all the air moving past it.