Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #1

200cc Giovanni Outside

I was interested in the 200cc giovanni but the problem is that we have limited amount of space in the winter. Since the snowblower and the cars go in the garage. Is it possible I could put the giovanni 200cc outside in the winter with a cover.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #2

the next question is what would you have the following spring i would suggest another option i would build something to keep the weather off even a cheap sears type shed you need to get it off the ground and out of the weather the cover will just keep the sun off
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #3

I don't see a problem with that plan. A little rustproofing spray should prevent any problems.
We plan to ride ours through the winter.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #4

No, I need to park my atv outside for the winter to make space for the snow blower.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
No, I need to park my atv outside for the winter to make space for the snow blower.

Quote:
I don't see a problem with that plan. A little rustproofing spray should prevent any problems.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #6

Build yourself a little portable mini-shed out of 2x3's or 2x4's and some currogated metal or whatever you can get your hands on- like I did to build these little calf hutches. I used pressure treated landscape timbers for the base- they are sturdy and don't blow over, even in the worst wind storms, yet easily moveable....and with something for a door, would serve to keep the weather off the ATV.

It just has to be big enough to allow you to push the ATV in/out- mine are 7' L x 4' W by about 5' high at the peak of the roof. A hair bigger would be perfect for an ATV. Even if you had to buy the stuff to build one, you should easily be able to do it for $100....and if you want it to look nice, paint it, or buy nice, new painted metal for it.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #7

Those little sheds look great and something like that would be easy to build.

I like to keep my stuff in the garage in the winter with a small heater to keep things from frosting/rusting up.

A small garden shed can be bought for $250-300 sometimes less when on sale.

Another thing I see a lot of on craigslist for free is sheds people want removed from thier property.

I built a little leanto shed on the back of my garage that was simple and saved me a wall of wood since it is attached to the back of the garage wall.