Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #1

Lets Play Guess What's Different! (Lifan 250 style!)

O-K, constestants!

Here we have a newer style Lifan liquid-cooled 250cc "green" engine (same as their gold engine, as far as I know) on a Vbike V4SW:

...and here we have an older-style Lifan 250cc liquid-cooled "silver" motor from the Vbike 250T:

Now...how many differences can you spot, to prove that this isn't the same motor? (Tim from Vbike seems to think it is...despite the fact that the silver "old-style" one puts out about 25% less horsepower according to what I have researched and can tell from riding....)

See my Vbike 250T Review for info on why I am posting this!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #2

Reviewed both posts.

Only my opinion:
Nope, not even close to the "same" engine, in outward appearance.
Maybe the jug and crankshaft are the same, but the cases and the head are way different.
Bummer that this has gone so bad for you.

Hope you can get something worked out.
Bill

Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #3

Thank you, Bill!

If Tim at Vbike deals with these engines and can't tell them apart (or just thinks that I am so stupid not to know the difference) then he's either an idiot or a BS artist. (and even after sending him pics, he still tries to maintain that they're the same! I'd hate to be someone ordering parts!)

Old 04-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #4

Other than the exhaust nothing matches, Well maybe that little emission deal hanging off, That green looks cool....To bad, But I bet a simple email of those two pics will solve that prob in a jiff

Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #5

I did email him those pics, AZ. That's what makes me think Tim would rather BS than do the right thing.

He then tells me to look on the emission label- that that will "prove" that they are the same. I guess he is really counting on me being stupid, as of course the emissions labels will say the same thing for any motor in the same class.....

I really do try to work things out ammiccably, but I don't like being lied to or BSed- especially when I asked all the right questions prior to ordering and looked carefully at all the pictures on his site.

I'm still debating what to do, and hoping that Tim will offer a more fair solution- but all he does is try and make me think that there is no difference in what he sent me vs. what was described. I've only contested one credit card purchase in my life thus far...but this may be number 2!

Old 04-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #6

Wow, I can't see how anyone who could actually see the pics would even say they are the same motor.....No way in HE33 they are the same....Normally he gets good reviews. Not sure what the deal is with this obvious problem.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #7

I think I'm beginning to "see the picture" with Tim [pun intended].

Basically, if the bike you purchase from him has any problems that can be fixed simply by exchanging parts...all goes well. You send him the bad parts...he sends new (Or tries to fix your old one and send it back, as he once did to me...but it wasn't fixed when it came back!).

But if their are major issues with a product being substantially not as represented...then you are on your own.

It's a shame- I too thought that he was a good guy to deal with. :(