Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #1

Cheap Minkuni Giovanni 200CC Beast

The new Giovanni site is now out. They no long sell on ebay but now they have started to sell on there own site. It is called: www.giobikes.com [url]

They have auctions of minkuni carbs which go for about $20 -$30 plus shipping fee's. There new site can be good and bad since they can shill bid to increase the price.The shipping is now way cheaper and they can ship together at a lower cost.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #2

noticed, .......and noted. its been that way for well over a month...

NEO

Old 04-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #3

Hey Yozalo,

Thanks for sharing the Gio site.

They still sell on eBay, although they seem to have throttled back a bit. They sell under ALL_STAR_SALEZ and ALLSTARSALEZ_STORE.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #4

Yes, I noticed they still sell on ebay. But the giobikes website comes with 1 year warranty with all there bikes.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #5

Shkill bidding on Ebay is now the easiest thing in the world, since Ebay now hides bidders IDs. (I used to be a professional Ebayer...but quit using Ebay over a year ago because of all new policies and the scams which they enable)

Whether someone uses a shill or a reserve price, whatever- no one is going to sell a new item for half of what it is worth.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #6

Well, on ebay giovanni bikes did not get much bids but on there website it looks so obvious they are shill bidding.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Well, on ebay giovanni bikes did not get much bids but on there website it looks so obvious they are shill bidding.
Yeah, it seems that way. They start the "auctions" at half of what the bikes sell for...then I guess if you bid on them, they shill it up to close to the buy-outright price.

That would immediately make me not want to deal with that company- it shows that they are dishonest and trying to hoodwink people.

I don't blame them for not giving their bikes away...but why be dishonest? They should either start the auctions at the minimum price they're willing to take, or use a rteserve price that has to be met.

I like that they have the freedom to do this though- as it lets us see their real intentions, and therefore we can see that they arte shady. And if they would try and fool us in this way....in what other ways might they try and gyp us?

I had actually gone to their site a few weeks ago to look at their bikes...but after seeing these bogus auctions, I just crossed them off my mental list. They might as well just put up a big flourescent sign that says "We're trying to trick you!".

Is it any wonder our economy is dead? Everyone's a crook these days.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #8

Yea, but what other atv's are cheaper other than giovanni. It seems they are the cheapest bikes around even if they do shill bid.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Yea, but what other atv's are cheaper other than giovanni. It seems they are the cheapest bikes around even if they do shill bid.
For comparable sizes, when all is said and done (i.e. when you compare the actual selling price of the Gios, as opposed to the bogus "auction" low bids & figure in the shipping which they charge extra for), looks like Vbikes are actually cheaper.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #10

I just checked the vbike's and they are prett expensive. For a 110cc it is $570. I can get it at giovanni for $460 including shipping. Also giobikes is in Canadian dollar while vbike's website is in US dollar. The Canadian dollar is down right now which means that US people will be getting a really good deal on giobikes if they ship to someone in Canada.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Quote:
For comparable sizes, when all is said and done (i.e. when you compare the actual selling price of the Gios, as opposed to the bogus "auction" low bids & figure in the shipping which they charge extra for), looks like Vbikes are actually cheaper.
Do they offer a 200cc quad for $750 CDN shipped?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #12

Yes, they do, If you bid on there auctions you can get it at that price.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #13

To ship to US would be a deal killer though. Unless the buyer lives close to Canada it is much cheaper to order within the US.

Allen