Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #1

My Turn for the China horror registration

I Knew it was too good to be true. I heard all the horror stories about guys having issues with Registering China bikes.

To My Surprise I walked in and out in 15 Minutes with my plate and rode happily for 3 months.

Well.... that is until (edit 23rd of dec on vac and didnt post until back from vaction)

My Wife got a letter from my Insurance agency stating the Vin # is not jiving with the State of MO..

I Was thinking..... "Um....I thought that was with PA????"

So I Get home and sure Enough. The Vin they had for my Insurance is wrong according to the Steering neck on the Lifan. So Im thinking "how the heck did the Insurance get that screwed up?? I Grabbed the title out of the file cabinet and JUST ABOUT SHAT MESELF!!! The Vin on the title doesn't match the bike. And the Vin from the MSO that they put on the title AP Doesn't match the bike.

So Basically........My MSO Vin# Did not match the Bike.

I have MANY used Motorcycles and I Always check the Vin Before the sale. I Bought this Brand New at a AL Dealer. I Got there late the night I Bought it and whisked it into my truck and grabbed my paperwork from the dealer.

A few days Later I Had a 23 year old Nephew Die in his sleep. It took a us a week after that to get the bike Licensed and I Never even checked the vin to see if it matched up to the bike.

I guess I just assumed it would since the bike was fresh out of the Crate!

Anyhow..... Im trying to get ahold of my dealer now.

I am so not looking forward to this...

Any Advice?

Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #2

I just can not believe the mess this is turning into.

I hope I never receive a letter like that for our two bikes.

I am really surprized that you have that trouble with a REAL A.L. dealer Hmmmm.....and its probably not really the dealers fault as much as A.L. for how they set things up unless it wasnt a real A.L. dealer.

Well I hope yuo get it set right without to much trouble.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #3

Sounds like they gave you an MSO with someone else's VIN!!

Hope they can straighten it all out ok.

Can see how it could happen since the VIN is in dot matrix and very hard to read on my Viva.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #4

Well with my title ap being the same Incorrect# I can only assume the Dealers MSO vin # was differant.

The State should have the MSO and the Bill of sale from the dealer I would assume. I Guess I will have to see come Monday.

The Dealer is for sure a AL dealer. I Checked before I bought it.

I have already Contacted AL via Phone but they must be closed on sat because I Just got a Answering machine at around 1:30 pm.

I will be trying to contact my dealer Monday because he musnt be there Either.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #5

I wonder if any of this has to do with whatever A.L. did regarding the "gray market bikes" and the stopping of the sales of them.
I just wonder if it somehow backfired on A.L. a bit in that the feds have stood up and taken a closer look at the whole china bike sales.

Ohh well I'm sure we'll be hearing more and more about it in the future.......it still stinks though.

I'm sure michigan will jump in there once they figure out they can have all the china bikes here reregistered "at an additional cost no doubt".

Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #6

assuming that it is a american lifan all they have to do is take the number and make another mso i have had the wrong mso shipped with the bike from lifan (no its not really with the bike but in the mail at the same time ) but i would say its a dealer problem they should have checked when they got it in after it was assembled and again when they done the papers for the sale, i am far from perfect and i can see how it could happen, i would say the dealer can strighten this out as fast as the mail can get a new mso shipped out, you know its funny but i bet even AL works fast with this problem it is big and they can get in trouble so i say dont worry just a call to the dealer and all will soon be well
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #7

Well lets hope it gets figured out quick.

It is for sure a AL. The MSO Stated it and I Got the Dealer info from shawn before I Bought it.....

Old 01-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #8

was it still in the crate al told me i couldnt do that but then they said a lot

Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #9

That was theoretical..........

I Dont know for sure if it was really in a crate...

The Dealer had a new one on the floor at a discount but I Wanted one that hadn't been sit on and fiddled with from customers. So I Got a new one out of his warehouse..

I am Assuming you are a EX American Lifan Dealer?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #10

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Believe it or not VIN gets screwed up all the time. You throw that many letters and numbers at a human and something is bound to get missed.

As a matter of fact the VIN on my Lifan doesn't match the registration. The dealer confused the VIN with another bike (same make/model - different colour) when registering.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #11

yes i am a proud EX-lifan dealer. i was thinking that the bike may have come to you in a box then you may have trouble if you had a gray market what ever that is :wink: but since you have a dealer that should be no problems i have had al mix up mso i just found mine early but then al isnt very good with paperwork but thats another story

Old 01-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #12

In fact on my bill of sale there was a typo on the vin too, I simply went back and had a new bill of sale printed up before I registered the bike.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
In fact on my bill of sale there was a typo on the vin too, I simply went back and had a new bill of sale printed up before I registered the bike.
Ditto.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #14

Unfortunetly My Dealer is dragging his feet and this hasnt been corrected..

I Am Going to the License office tomarrow to see my options are.
If they say my only choice is to have the dealer correct it..........I'll show up at the Dealership and stay until its corrected. They are about 75 miles away from me but I dont have a issue making the trip!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #15

dsrt:
Going there is the best option. If other buyers are there and you speak loudly about your Problem, the sales staff should snap to the printer and get you copy fast. Make sure all #'s match before you leave. Don't go home with the wrong papers. I wouldn't visit the DMV and annoy them. You need them to be friendly once you get the papers. :wink: