Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #46

that's the true spirit of getting a china bike, the learning experience! very rad bike btw

Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #47

I had an interesting experience today. I couldn't wait till this weekend when my coworker brings his truck and trailer to go get the bike inspected, so I tore off to the inspection place with no tag and no inspection sticker. I figured I would spend all of maybe 10 minutes on the road and it would be all good. Of course it didn't work out that way. I ended up running all over town and went to 4 inspection places. 1 did not do bikes. The other three have done so many scoots lately that they were all out of stickers. I put around 30 real world miles on her today and still can't get my plate and sticker.

It seems you have to have the engine screaming to run 55 and 60 on this bike. The mods will begin soon.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #48

Careful if you go too small on the rear sprocket you will loose all of your power.

I would go with a 30T 428 sprocket. You should do almost 70. Without loss of too much power.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #49

I'm thinking the smallest I would go would be a 34T. I'm no lightweight so I need some of that bottom end for pickup. The sprocket will likely be last anyhow, since I'm almost sure I'll have to take it off and send it to PMP to have one made. Nobody that I have found yet has one of these bikes and the information available on the net is nil.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #50

Go to the Kingsalesandservice guy. It'll cost $36.5, and he already has the mesurements for your bike.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #51

You have the exact same hub setup as I do.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #52

I'm "almost" legal now! I got the inspection yesterday evening and got my tag this morning. The tag mounting holes are way too small for Texas plates though. I'll have to figure out a mounting solution today. Registration was cake. VBike had all the proper papers with the bike. I went to a private titling place because they were open on Saturday. In and out with my plate in less than 10 minutes.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #53

Just an update. I love this bike. I have around 120 miles on it now. I finally changed the brake fluid today (shoulda done this way earlier). Not much air in there but that China stuff was nasty. The only thing I have to bitch about is that I need to find a way to change the oil without removing the lower fairing. That fairing is hell to put on. I also have absolutely no storage, but that is being fixed soon. I just ordered a Dowco tank bag and matching tail bag. I might pick up the saddle bags as well if that isn't enough storage.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #54

Use a funnel, and go strait into the quart.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #55

JB, just curious how you are liking the bike after having had it for awhile. I have ordered one for my son and was hoping to find out what has worked and not worked, what to look out for, etc. Thanks