Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #16

is your float in your carb stuck? usually a good whack with a screwdriver will alleviate those kinds of problems

you could replace your fuel line and filter if you wanted to and still only spend like 10 bucks or so in the process

but a good cleaning of the filters will probably do the trick

Old 07-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #17

It sounds like the dealer did not properly prep the scooter.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to LadyDi
Longbo 150T another new problem!

How can I explain this- gas line comes out of gas tank, goes into silver unit about the size of a 1/2 dollar round, 3 nipples on it, one for gas tank line, one leads to fuel filter, the other I have no idea, I didn't follow it anywhere yet.
This is the unit that I by-passed, went right from the gas tank to the fuel filter (which is brand new), to the carb, and got it running.

So, the carb is fine - the gas filter is fine - I already did the gas tank cleaning, it's fine- the scoot runs fine with that multi-hose silver unit (which I am trying to ascertain if it is a pre-filter) I DON'T know....is it necessary? I can't find any documentation in any of the paperwork/sites that I have regarding parts!

Sorry to confuse everyone- The Longbo site below, shows it on the specs as a FUEL SWITCH, just before the fuel filter.
http://www.longboamerica.com/doc/LB150T-12.xls

Go to line 108 & see part #9... this may help

Thanks..

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #19

Re: Longbo 150T another new problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi
- gas line comes out of gas tank, goes into silver unit about the size of a 1/2 dollar round, 3 nipples on it, one for gas tank line, one leads to fuel filter, the other I have no idea, I didn't follow it anywhere yet.
Fuel Switch is a vacuum operated fuel shut-off valve. The third hose that you didn't trace should go to a vacuum source. With engine running you should feel suction at this hose... if no suction, hose may be kinked, pinched, or disconnected. If suction present at hose, then Fuel Switch is likely problem... either faulty, or vacuum hose connected to the wrong outlet.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #20

I reckon you can run temporarily without the fuel switch. However, I would replace it ASAP. It is there to protect your engine from getting flooded with gasoline, in the event of carburetor failure.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #21

Re: 2007 LONGBO LB150T HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi
OK, I OWN (sorry to say) THIS SCOOTER (piece of crap that it is).. I swear it is possessed! :twisted:
Nothing has gone right since the day I got it!

Did I mention it's trash & I'm sorry I bought it? :?: :?:
No, your scooter is not possessed. It's typical of china bikes, especially if it is not prepped properly. My Hi-Bird has a lot of problems also, but I'm working 'em out slowly. By the time all the problems are fixed (very soon), I'd have a pretty sweet bike.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #22

2007 LONGBO LB150T HELP!

Thanks Dragon and Phil!
If/where ever I can find one, I will replace it as soon as I can.

Is there a way to check and see if it may be clogged like the gas filter was? I ran into that problem early on and I too, am learning to do as I go along. That's why I carry spares!! ha ha

Some day I will be able to ride without something going wrong with it...

Thanks!

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #23

can you maybe replace that fuel cutoff with a regular petcock, like from a dirtbike?

that way you can just manually turn your gas on when you go to ride, and off when you are parked

Old 07-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #24

Longbo 150T

yep , talking back and forth between here and ScootDawg, that's the route I am going to take... heading to the auto parts and mower shop tomorrow!!!!! :wink:

thanks all for the help this is a great thing going~

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #25

sweet, let us know how the installation goes.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #26

many yamaha dirt bike and atv petcocks work on suzuki dirt bikes. they run around $20 vs $70 for the suzuki. the yam petcocks do not have a vacuum line, so if you have a vacuum line on your petcock it needs to be capped or plugged. i have no idea if the yam petcock will fit your application.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #27

Longbo 150T

Alllllrighty then.... I finally got the gas lines changed (goodyear braided fuel injection $4 a foot!) But WOW what a difference....

Yes, I remembered to change the oil - (6 oz Lucas/18 oz 15-40) as the mfg. recommends for the 300 mile change...

While I was at it, I changed the plug and fuel filter to start fresh as a daisy... :wink:
Put the petcock shut off in a spot that I just reach below the back of the side panel & turn it off/on - it can't be seen from outsiders.. Capped off the vacuum line/bled the fuel line.

Took me all of an hour to get everything done - then the fun began trying to get the idle set down - holy cow :o with the new fuel line and no vac it wanted to run away on me! But with some patience and a few choice words, I got it set just right.....

Took it for a short run just to make sure it wouldn't stall on me or lose power & it's running like a top.... A Chinese top that is.... :P

So, once again, thanks to all you fellow scoots out there for all your help, advice & chuckles..... I'm learning as I go and just bc I'm a female, doesn't mean "I ain't willin' to try!!" 8O

As Arnie says: "I'LL BE BACH"

Thanks again y'all ! Di

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #28

nice job, your idle will be set best when the bike is warmed up

so if you let it warm up and you ride it around, then you can set the idle perfectly, but most of the time you can get really close just after the bike warms up

Old 07-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #29

Longbo 150T

That's what I did, took it for a short run and then adjusted the idle - but I was taught a long, long time ago while working on classic cars, to set it by sound and vibration - that's what I did and it is just fine. 8)

(Who needs to count 3 clicks left, 2 clicks right) bah!

Just that once I got rid of the vacuum line and the fuel line is unobstructed, it just wanted to run, run, run!

I say, " 'Bout Time"!

2008 QLINK Legacy 250cc

Old 07-24-2008, 12:31 AM   #30

lol

a happy bike makes a happy rider