Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2024, 08:05 AM   #1

Lifan Xpect 200 Carburated

Lifan has allegedly been sellin rebranded bikes on my country for a while now but local brands aren't too transparent about it so it's hard to research.
But recently some new bikes under the Lifan brand came into the market, among them the XP200 which is identical to the Xpect 200 offered on the US market except in a white finish i haven't seen anywhere else yet.
Also it is carburated instead of having EFI. Any of you ever heard of a carburated Xpect 200? just curious

Old 01-06-2024, 08:27 AM   #2

What is your country? EFI is probably sold in USA to meet environmental requirements, and some folks want turnkey starting and fuel metering.

But carburetors work nicely and give you simple control over air/gas mixture, with the minor caveat that you need to manually choke in most cases, and big changes in altitude lead to rich or lean running, depending on if you drop or gain elevation, respectively. Lean running is hard on pistons and bearings, and EFI on these little engines is prone to surging and poor idle control if the TPS is maladjusted and/or the enrichment curve is excessively lean.

Lifan 200 carbed looks like a nice bike. My guess is that the natural aspirated 200 is a bargain compared to the EFI version. The last upgrade that Lifan and many other Chinese crate bikes just hasn't gotten onboard with is inverted front forks on the 223cc models and below. This modest upgrade stiffens the steering, improving overall feel and control especially when you leave the road. The best dual sports have inverted forks. Bashan puts inverted forks on their 233cc "250s" (Storm, Brozz, Recon).

Last edited by Thumper; 01-06-2024 at 12:02 PM.

Old 01-06-2024, 08:38 AM   #3

Argentina this carburated version is goin for around 1500 usd currently and yeah inverted suspension would be nice on these, as would a rear disk brake, but is very cheap for a 200cc. theres currently a 150cc bike that has these on the local market that i havent been able to source the manufacturer yet that looks rather nice, in case anyone recognizes it

Old 01-06-2024, 08:46 AM   #4

another chinese dirt bike thats very popular are the ones with the re250 loncin 223cc engine, this is the base model tho i think there are some rally/adv variants too

Old 01-06-2024, 09:28 AM   #5

Both of those Lifan bikes look like excellent low cost (and fun) transportation. Sipping fuel and getting the job done!

The Corven motos Triax line is comparable to the Lifan bikes you have. The 150s have rear drum brakes. Frankly, it is adequate for these bikes. Only the Corven 250s (233cc) have rear disc brakes. R3 has the cheaper box swingarm and old style front forks. The L version has inverted forks and a much better swingarm (the axel slot is a cast alloy piece integrated with the cast swingarm). I wonder how much that one sells for?

These Corven 250s have the 223cc Loncin (or Lifan) engine. Lifan also offers the true 250 (249cc engine) in the KPX 250, and it also DOES have the inverted forks.

Last edited by Thumper; 01-06-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:14 PM   #6

I found the Corven 250L for $3200. Looks like American $

I also found a Corven 250X with a DOHC engine for $3720. It is carbureted but has liquid jacket and a radiator, inverted forks, a tough looking swingarm, with 230cc engine! Interesting bike! Looks street legal too.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:42 PM   #7

In the US these carbureted bikes were never Lifan branded as far as I know.

Older versions/model years of the TBR7 had the rear drum brake and smaller 17/19 wheels.
Basically, these bikes are all Honda XR125L and XR150L clones with various versions of the CG clone engine.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Both of those Lifan bikes look like excellent low cost (and fun) transportation. Sipping fuel and getting the job done!

The Corven motos Triax line is comparable to the Lifan bikes you have. The 150s have rear drum brakes. Frankly, it is adequate for these bikes. Only the Corven 250s (233cc) have rear disc brakes. R3 has the cheaper box swingarm and old style front forks. The L version has inverted forks and a much better swingarm (the axel slot is a cast alloy piece integrated with the cast swingarm). I wonder how much that one sells for?

These Corven 250s have the 223cc Loncin (or Lifan) engine. Lifan also offers the true 250 (249cc engine) in the KPX 250, and it also DOES have the inverted forks.
the skua silver (first bike) its a fancier version of the motomel skua 150 (w suspension and disk brake) thats pretty similar to the triax 150, both decent bikes and been on the market for a while, would love to check the engine number on one to see who makes them. the difference those is these are OHV engines, whereas Xpect is OHC right? idk if the Xpect engine is a CG or CB clone

the txr250 is v cool! and yes goes for abt 3k, local brands who sell the same bike are Guerrero GXR250 and Gilera SMX250, Gilera also has the adventure version that has like some adv/rally additions like a fairing and different headlight. The X version is a bit more hard to find but theres some around, pretty interesting and looks nice and yes it is street legal. Been seein the KPX bc of these forums too n i rly like it but is not available yet, hope it is eventually.

Curious you said Lonncin (or Lifan), does that mean they are the same manufacturer?

Old 01-06-2024, 10:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3n View Post
In the US these carbureted bikes were never Lifan branded as far as I know.

Older versions/model years of the TBR7 had the rear drum brake and smaller 17/19 wheels.
Basically, these bikes are all Honda XR125L and XR150L clones with various versions of the CG clone engine.

yea you are spot on, i always suspected these were older models sold off to the latam market, since the dashboards are heavily outdated too. they are not the exact model you linked bc the fairings dont match but is like u said, OHV engines clones of the honda cg.

Old 01-06-2024, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
What is your country? EFI is probably sold in USA to meet environmental requirements, and some folks want turnkey starting and fuel metering.

But carburetors work nicely and give you simple control over air/gas mixture, with the minor caveat that you need to manually choke in most cases, and big changes in altitude lead to rich or lean running, depending on if you drop or gain elevation, respectively. Lean running is hard on pistons and bearings, and EFI on these little engines is prone to surging and poor idle control if the TPS is maladjusted and/or the enrichment curve is excessively lean.

Lifan 200 carbed looks like a nice bike. My guess is that the natural aspirated 200 is a bargain compared to the EFI version. The last upgrade that Lifan and many other Chinese crate bikes just hasn't gotten onboard with is inverted front forks on the 223cc models and below. This modest upgrade stiffens the steering, improving overall feel and control especially when you leave the road. The best dual sports have inverted forks. Bashan puts inverted forks on their 233cc "250s" (Storm, Brozz, Recon).
Almost forgot, v interesting what you said about carbs, i always read EFI mentioned as the superior option but is cool to see an angle in wich carbs could be more useful and since im trying to learn more about mechanics your opinion is very helpful, thanks thumper!