Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2023, 06:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
1: The box needed to properly insulate and keep product hot will come close to that. It isnt the weight that is the issue it is the load that is shifting to side that is. Now picture a passenger that leans further or against you in a turn. What is that going to do to your balance? This one can be mitigated by experience once you get used to that uncontrolled constantly shifting load.

2: it isn't the forces demonstrated im concerned about its the fact you are literally tilting the pizza box (or drinks or whatever food product is in cup or boxes) on their side basically causing them to start to attempt to spill out due to angle not centrifugal forces For a practical demonstration of what im trying to explain. Take a cup of water...without a lid and tilt it to the angles a motorcycle reaches.

All I can say is I guess science really isn’t your strong point. Lol no worries. We can’t all be good at everything

Old 04-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
Since my dreams of DoorDashing were crushed by that person who had to ruin everything, I'm left with nothing but a risky and desperate option. Somehow, I've managed to get my hands on a Hawk 250 (carbed). This saved me about $400.

I guess I'll use that money to make some mods. It's funny how life can make you settle for less, even when you've dreamed of something greater. But I suppose that's what happens when your dreams are crushed - you're left with nothing but broken pieces.

thanks. . .

Don’t listen to the naysayers. Check this out. I saw this today and I was thinking of you.

Not so much the little headline but check out that nice box. Being used for DoorDash.

Old 04-21-2023, 11:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
All I can say is I guess science really isn’t your strong point. Lol no worries. We can’t all be good at everything

And i guess reading comprehension is not yours. Again the concern is angle not forces.

A more practical demonstration of what i am trying to explain is this.. Take an open top cup...fill it to the brim then tilt it at the turn angle of a motorcycle. See how much stays in the cup especially at low speed...Then take your meal and put it right under this drop zone. That is essentially the scenario you are putting food and drink into with pretty much any fast food delivery.

Second practical demonstration. Take a piece of bread or anything that is a similar flat meal...put it on a plate and repeat the above...see how long it stays in place.

Both demonstrations would be of items that the majority of most dash runs are of. Food and/or drink.

Now that said...Some of this can possibly be mitigated by putting items in saddle bags but short of having marine style gyroscopic cup holders which do exist for bikes...lean angle or tilt of the cup is always gonna be your enemy.

But again...not saying it cant be done with a bike, just not the most practical given the majority of the deliveries will be of fast food that comes with cups that tend to blow their top of just by picking them up some times then tossing them into a bag to bounce them around like a ball because a drink tray will not always be available or even fit in the bikes bags.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 04-26-2023, 04:01 AM   #19

More encouragement! See how much he makes!

(And notice the box on his e-bike)

Old 05-12-2023, 02:31 AM   #20

I saw one of these today also. This is another option for people trying to do DoorDash on their motorcycle.

upper case converter

Old 05-15-2023, 01:18 PM   #21

what you need is 150cc floor board scooter
sell the hawk for $899 and buy a brand new one