Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2022, 02:29 PM   #1

Lifan KPR 200 vs KP 200

So I’m close to pulling the trigger on either the KPR or KP 200. I’m not really considering the KPM because the styling isn’t as appealing to me. These all appear to essentially be the same bikes with different fairings. Are there other differences or advantages that aren’t so obvious?

One thing that wasn’t clear is whether the KP LCD dash has a gear indicator. I’m a new rider and it’s a minor assist as I learn.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #2

I think they all have gear indicators. The kpr has skinner tires than the kp. And the rear sprocket on the kp is the same as the KPM, and harder to find. The kpr will melt a higher top speed, due to the fairings.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
I think they all have gear indicators. The kpr has skinner tires than the kp. And the rear sprocket on the kp is the same as the KPM, and harder to find. The kpr will melt a higher top speed, due to the fairings.
I like the fairings on the KPR, but know I’ll probably be dropping it at some point and will be stuck with a cracked or scratched bike. I didn’t know of any melting issues on the plastic but it sounds legit.

I’m leaning towards the KP at the moment.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinydogz View Post
I like the fairings on the KPR, but know I’ll probably be dropping it at some point and will be stuck with a cracked or scratched bike. I didn’t know of any melting issues on the plastic but it sounds legit.

Lol. Sorry. I didn't mean to say melt. The kpr will MAKE higher speeds. And don't worry about dropping the bike. You'll get the same scratches on the kp as you will the kpr.

Basically, it just depends on what you want to do with the bike and what kind of style you want. Each one has pros and cons.

Kp200: Wider, more easily found tires. Less fairings to remove for maintenance. But, harder to find a rear sprocket. Lower top speed.

KPM200: Sportier appearance. Higher top speed due to fairings. Easier to find rear sprocket. But, more stuff to remove for maintenance. And awkwardly sized tires.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinydogz View Post

Lifan has bumpers for both the KP and KPR that are pretty cheap if you are really worried about it.

https://www.chinahao.com/Product/551...i_shatter_rack

They also have the fairing parts that are inexpensive as well so I would get what you really want.

https://www.superbuy.com/en/page/sea...keyword=kpr200