Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2022, 10:57 PM   #1

Buzzing, vibrating sound from the front end?

Lifan X-pect 150miles so far. This concern has been in the back of my head since the beginning.
A Strange buzzing/vibrating sound coming from front end, possibly the wheel. Almost like a light metal rubbing up against something else creating a shaking-rattle sound only on the lower end rpms (2-5k) when accelerating or decelerating. It’s the same exact frictiony sound every time it occurs. It’s like it only happens when the bike is working at a certain rate it begins because it doesn’t increase as speed increases, it happens on lower end rpms. Clutch is not engaged, otherwise the sound would go away since the motor isn’t vibrating as much.
Maybe it’s one of those metal line holders on the fork? The rotor? I really don’t know.
There are no noticeable impairments or effects when driving. Everything feels fine. Wheel spins freely. Calipers aren’t touching. No sounds at very low speeds, only when acceleration picks up ,causing bike to vibrate and then, the rattle sound occurs and eventually goes away once i go faster a couple thousand rpms later.

Is this normal for a China bike? I understand some sounds are typical, I just need some reassurance. Thanks

Old 07-20-2022, 05:23 AM   #2

It's in the fuel tank, open the cap inside on the left there is a metal tube that you can "feel" with a flat screwdriver you can get in-between it and the tank wall and slightly bend it out if it bothers you and it will stop. NOT MY FIX, I found the info here and it's why I joined. If I could recall who's info it was I would give credit!

Old 07-20-2022, 11:28 AM   #3

I heard this also from another source. Will try, it’s pretty annoying. Thanks

Old 07-20-2022, 03:10 PM   #4

I had the same problem about a week ago. I thought the front wheel was falling off and discovered it was a loose bolt on my after market windscreen.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:39 PM   #5

yes, that’s what the buzzing is. Just seconding the information. That’s accurate.

I’ve never fixed mine. I just let it buzz away. LOL

Old 07-21-2022, 06:06 PM   #6

https://ibb.co/GnRRqzn

So basically the narrow rod as shown needs to be bent to the left, so it won’t contact the wall to the right, correct?
Before I bend the shit out of it, I want to make sure lol

Old 07-21-2022, 11:43 PM   #7

I just slid a flat screwdriver down it until I found where it was touching and gave the driver a twist and it gave enough clearance so it wasn't buzzing anymore, but yeah that's it!

Old 07-21-2022, 11:51 PM   #8

Ha! Same story, I have about 240 miles on my X-pect and have been low key going nuts wondering what's up with this sound but haven't taken the time to track it down. Yay for clues!

Old 07-24-2022, 08:06 PM   #9

So I’ve tried bending it with a flat and no significant changes….but what I have noticed is that when I lean forward while riding the sound stops! Almost as if the weight being redistributed changes where the vibrations go. Any ideas?