Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #1

Apollo DB 36

ok my first NC mountain trail ride with this bike added to my honda crf 250f... big difference of course between the two..the apollo runs strong but is geared a little high and has an incredible stiff suspension... what can i do to help both things..?? will a larger rear sproket lower my gearing ? the honda was in 2nd and 3rd gear mostly while the 36 was dogging on some steep inclines even in 1st..... but i REALLY have to soften and maybe lower this bike in order to feel confident on these trails... thanks alot all

Old 04-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #2

Where does the suspension feel stiff at? The front, rear, or both? If it's the rear, check the air pressure on the shock. I can't find specs on how much pressure should be in there, but I believe it should be between 60 and 120. This doesn't effect the stiffness, but the rebound may be too fast, making the bike feel stiff. The higher the pressure, the faster the rebound. As for the bike being too tall, I don't suggest lowering the bike. You may need to take some preload out of the shock. It won't lower the bike, but it will allow the suspension to settle a little more. Just make sure you're within the acceptable range of sag. If all else fails, you can buy a softer spring. You'll need the make sure you have the correct inner diameter and free length, then figure out what weight would be good for your weight (in full gear).

Old 04-28-2022, 03:58 PM   #3

ok did not know rear shock had air in it... it came from factory with 40.. i let all out and it is definately softer.. like my honda really... i like it altho it still is a little higher in seat... i will try to lower front forks tomorrow then work on this crazy high kickstand... bike sits straight up almost.... rear sprocket at a later date... thanks