Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2022, 04:20 PM   #1

Question for Hawk owners

So a friend of mine asks me something today about a Hawk, figured this is the best place to ask. He wants one, std non efi model. He also likes the TT250, and as it’s been discussed before, the cost difference to him is kinda of a deal breaker. His question was as it appears many parts from CSC would fit the Hawk, do they indeed fit? He’s an established auto mechanic, so working on the bike is a no brainer. He’s thinking buy the Hawk, use CSC as his parts source to save some cash up front. Is this a good plan? Will it work for him? Thanks for help, I let him know about this place, so we should have a new soul to pick on here soon

Old 03-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #2

I believe the CSC has the counterbalanced engine whereas the OG Hawk does not. However, the majority of parts will fit including the heads and head gaskets (as some members here have already demonstrated) as well as most other sundry bits and bobs, and accessories including the CSC skid plate, luggage racks, etc.

If you want a better Hawk but don't want to pay CSC prices for it, my advice is to get a Bashan Enforcer/BSR250/Raven or its current equivalent. It is near as makes no difference to exactly the same bike as the Hawk but A) built a little better, and B) actually 49 state street legal. The Hawk does not come with a street legal MCO and cannot be plated in all states.

Old 03-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #3

Some of those alternatives might have 17" rear wheels...

Old 03-26-2022, 05:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
I believe the CSC has the counterbalanced engine whereas the OG Hawk does not. However, the majority of parts will fit including the heads and head gaskets (as some members here have already demonstrated) as well as most other sundry bits and bobs, and accessories including the CSC skid plate, luggage racks, etc.

If you want a better Hawk but don't want to pay CSC prices for it, my advice is to get a Bashan Enforcer/BSR250/Raven or its current equivalent. It is near as makes no difference to exactly the same bike as the Hawk but A) built a little better, and B) actually 49 state street legal. The Hawk does not come with a street legal MCO and cannot be plated in all states.
Thanks for the heads up! I was unaware of that, being they (Bashan) being better built. Is the enforcer, raven, bsr 250 all the same bike? I'll def let him know about these models. He works really hard, does right by his family, and makes his dollar go as far as possible. He just wants to make the best economical choice

Old 03-26-2022, 06:51 PM   #5

CSC definitely has the best website for finding parts. I'm sure some internal engine parts will be different because of the balance shaft. The Hawks definitely vibrate. loctite everything !
To whoever stole my anti-depressants.
I Hope Your Happy !

Old 03-26-2022, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
So a friend of mine asks me something today about a Hawk, figured this is the best place to ask. He wants one, std non efi model. He also likes the TT250, and as it’s been discussed before, the cost difference to him is kinda of a deal breaker. His question was as it appears many parts from CSC would fit the Hawk, do they indeed fit? He’s an established auto mechanic, so working on the bike is a no brainer. He’s thinking buy the Hawk, use CSC as his parts source to save some cash up front. Is this a good plan? Will it work for him? Thanks for help, I let him know about this place, so we should have a new soul to pick on here soon
Is your friend looking for a dual purpose bike to go to work on or a dirt bike to bonk around on the trails?

Old 03-26-2022, 07:19 PM   #7

Many tt250 parts do fit the Hawk, but take it from me, you get what you pay for with csc. Parts quality is superior, it has a few upgrades over the other bikes like a 300w charging system and better rear hub design, and csc has a good warranty that they actually stand behind. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a tt250, and I love my hawk.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Many tt250 parts do fit the Hawk, but take it from me, you get what you pay for with csc. Parts quality is superior, it has a few upgrades over the other bikes like a 300w charging system and better rear hub design, and csc has a good warranty that they actually stand behind. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a tt250, and I love my hawk.
Your last sentence says a ton, Mega.... The Bashan Raven route was brought up, know much on them? I'll see (funny, his name is Dan too ) tomorrow morning for breakfast at the local diner, and share all of this info to him. He's excited, but cautious. He studies before he buys, which is smart. He knows CSC has a solid base, which means the world, but also awaiting the 22's from them if they'll ever get off their asses and produce an image he can see. The Raven I don't think he's ever considered, or at least he hasn't mentioned. My local dealer has a 21 Xpect he can have OTD for 2200, with a full 2 year warranty, so I know that also is on his mind.......

Old 03-27-2022, 02:52 AM   #9

I have a 2019 Hawk 250 that I purchased used with 809 miles on it. Almost all of the plastics were broken, and all of the TT250 plastics fit a Hawk, including the entire rear fender assembly. Rear wheel seals will fit a Hawk. The TT250 chain slider actually works on a Hawk as opposed to the OEM and will last about 6000 miles. The throttle and clutch cables will fit, and the battery box and rubber battery strap will fit. The quality difference in CSC parts is definitely a big improvement over the Hawk’s OEM parts, and if I had to do it over again, I would have purchased a TT250 instead given the improvement in quality, features (counterbalanced engine, LED turn signals, USD forks, 300W stator with accessory plugs), and CSC’s top-notch customer service that includes an actual warranty.