Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #1

2014 Tao Tao ATM50-A1

Just bought a Tao Tao non-running scooter. My aim is to get it running for very limited use.

The first problem is that there are two 1/2" (ID) hoses just hanging down from the engine area. I have figured out where one of the hoses attaches, but am at a complete loss as to what the other connects to.
I have circled (Yellow oval), the hose that I cannot figure out. It has some kind of a filter (or something else) as indicated inside the Yellow oval.

This picture shows where that mystery hose comes from... also circled in Yellow:

One possibility that occurred to me is that it appears to be part of some kind of EGR (Exhaust Gas Recycling) system and that a EGR canister or some other part may be missing.
Can some Tao Tao owner and/or mechanic clue me in? What/where does that hose connect?

Addendum: I found this video relative to my problem of the two 1/2 " hoses. At 0:34 of the utube video, he states that the tube with the filter on it goes to open air (vented to atmosphere), however, there is a hose clamp on the end of mine which suggests that it was connected to a 1/2" port somewhere. Can anyone confirm?

Also, at 1:19 of the video, it shows the other 1/2" hose connecting to the bottom of the Cylinder Head Valve Cover... which I already had figured out, but would like confirmation.

Last edited by dahermit; 03-17-2022 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Addendum