Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #1

fuel usage is GOOD again.

Well, after removing the 115 jet and reinstalling the 98 and also making sure the rear tire was installed properly and not on any kind of bind, my last fillup, I got about 70mpg and that includes a tiny bit of trail riding. Hard to believe that such a difference could be had with just the main jet, but that rear tire wasnt right either something was dragging (brakes or something). Also literally bathed the chain in grease. The whole rear end is just much smoother when you spin the tire and that no doubt contributed to my improved economy. Also, a fellow member is sending me the face plate for my guage cluster. Thanks Mark!!!!! Have a great weekend folks!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #2

Glad to hear your mileage is restored. Fuel economy is also important to me. My bike has enough power for me in stock form and I don't think I would give up 10% milage for 10% more power, but that is just me. If I used it for a pack mule and road mostly off road, I might have another mindset.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #3

I havn't even done the c clip mod on the throttle jet with my bike.I have had no issues.So far so good.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 05-30-2008, 12:20 PM   #4

I couldnt care less about fuel economy but after the exhaust-air filter-and rejet the bike can now do its intended purpose and run the trails with ease.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #5

TeamCheap, that is the great thing about these little bikes. Different people have different uses and expectations from them and they can be right for many uses.