Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #1

Bull 200 Kick starter

Got my kick start components Monday that I had ordered from Aliexpress.Funny thing is I'm still waiting on the spring plate retainer that I ordered from a place in Florida the day after I ordered the stuff from China.USPS says it is pending acceptance at St. Petersburg Florida.So that is where I'm at on getting this installed.I also ordered a 20 tooth kick start gear that goes on the crankshaft but after getting the CVT cover off,there is already one installed.Also ordered 2 kick start levers which I plan on sending one back.I would have paid extra to have bought my atv with this already installed.
The second picture is the little spring retainer plate I am waiting on so I can install this.
The Vitacci Cougar 200 utility model is what I'm going by,it comes with the kick start already installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GY6 kick start 2021-08-04 001.JPG (184.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg GY6 spring plate.jpg (58.3 KB, 137 views)

Old 08-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #2

Can't wait to get this installed and hopefully it works like it's suppose to.So far I got about $45 dollars in this endeavor.I couldn't find the 168mm kick start spindle over here so I had to order it from oversea's.The 158mm spindle might work but I measured 144mm out even with the cover so I thought the 158mm might be too short.Looking at the Vitacci in the Youtube video it appears they have the footwell cut out below the kick start lever,hopefully I'm not going to have to do that to get it to work right.I'm going to jinx my 4 wheeler and say,it usually starts on first push of the starter button so it shouldn't take much of a kick to start it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GY6 kick starter 1 2021-08-04 001.JPG (161.5 KB, 131 views)

Old 09-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #3

Got it installed and am able to get it kick started.The 168mm was too long so I ordered the 158mm from Aliexpress and finally got it and got it installed.You might have to kick it a few times to get it started plus your using the toe portion of your foot,not your heel.You have to stand with both feet on the left side footwell and use your right foot to kick it.I have got the hang of it now,you have to give it a little throttle and hold your back brake lever and give it a kick,might take 3 or 4 kicks but it will start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kick start 2021-09-01 001.JPG (169.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Kick start 2021-09-01 002.JPG (166.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Kick start 2021-09-01 003.JPG (182.1 KB, 128 views)

Old 09-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #4

On the Vitacci they have the lever pretty much parallel to the cover but they have a hole in the foot well,I didn't want to cut the foot well so I just raised the kick start lever up a little above the side cover.Works pretty good plus not in the way.I installed my new Chrome battery so hopefully won't need the kick start but just in case I'm out on the trail and I do,it is there.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #5

My dad come by while I was getting the 158mm kick start spindle shaft put on there and watched me try to kick start it,took a few tries but I got the hang of it now.My dad is 86 years old and he was telling me about a 40hp Evinrude boat motor he had back in the 60's.It had the electric start plus it had pull start and he said it just wouldn't start by pulling the handle.He said no matter how hard you pulled it,it just would not start but you could turn the key and it would start right up.This is what we both was thinking about kick starting the atv at first but you have to keep at it to get the hang of it.