Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #1

vitacci rocket 50 cc are they worth it

im looking for a little street bike to tool around town and i found these little rocket 50cc and i know they make a 150 but i dont want to have to put insurance registration and all that on it so i was wondering, can you put the 100cc big bore kit on these, are they reliable for one, what are some common issues, and are they really street legal without all the registration stuff. also ive heard bad things about txpowersports.com so where should i get it from.
https://www.txpowersports.com/Vitacc...ocket-50cc.htm

as always two wheels make little girls squeal
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 03-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #2

I have no idea what the motor mounts are like on the 50cc but if they are similar do a motor swap. Not sure what Michigan laws are like but I feel most police could care less. I doubt they would attempt to find the displacement on the motor. Could easily be hidden under the cowling as well.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #3

Looking at the picture in the link ,the covers where the engine should be are hiding something (probably an empty space ),and if you look behind the right foot peg you can see it looks like the engine is back there ,which means it is probably a gy6 engined bike not a typical honda horizontal clone .Nothing wrong with the gy6,lots of swap options and donors even liquid cooled if you like .

Old 04-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Not sure what Michigan laws are like but I feel most police could care less. I doubt they would attempt to find the displacement on the motor. Could easily be hidden under the cowling as well.
I wish the police would crack down...people doing crazy things with scooters are what messed up the 50cc laws in Arizona. I am guessing the same in California, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgasgas1224 View Post
im looking for a little street bike to tool around town and i found these little rocket 50cc and i know they make a 150 but i dont want to have to put insurance registration and all that on it so i was wondering, can you put the 100cc big bore kit on these, are they reliable for one, what are some common issues, and are they really street legal without all the registration stuff. also ive heard bad things about txpowersports.com so where should i get it from.

Yeah it looks like a GY6 on there. I know your post is 4 months old but yes you can easily get a big bore kit and get that thing up to 40-45 miles per hour with just a $30 big bore cylinder/piston kit and an air box/exhaust and jet mods or upgrade would push that towards maybe 50 mph maybe with wind on your side. I would say that the 72cc kit is the best for reliabilty.

Is it worth it? It is worth it as far as any 50cc scooter is and looks a little better than many scooters in my opinion BUT it is wayyy more expensive than the cheapest 50cc scooters and the 50cc regular step thru scooters are more practical with storage under the seat and are very very easy to step thru and ride. people do put the bigger big bore kit on it that is in the 90cc range and even the stroker crank to get it close to 100cc but that is a lot of work, the engine would still say 50cc if the cops look only way they can tell the difference is if they open your engine head and measure your piston/stroke!! hahhh like they would ever do that! but if you do go with the larger displacement kits much above the 72cc kit then you are definitley going to sacrifice some reliability and it will only last a few thousand miles before you need a rebuild or new engine and in return you might see a 50mph or a little over with the 100cc kit but they always fail very early. people do get 10's of thousands of miles off the 72cc kit and that will realistically get you up to just over 40mph probably cruise at like 40-44mph depending on your weight/fairings/tire size/cvt setup etc.. 49ccscoot.com is the best forum website for scooter info.

And as for crazy stuff happening on scooters in Cali and AZ? I look at it like those 2 states have year round riding conditions in many cities in each state so you end up with wayyy more percentage of the population are scooter riders than up in cold northern states or even eastern states where its warm and rains all the time....So the people who are riders in AZ and Cali ride more of the year...MY point being that the same or similar stuff goes on in all the states just on a larger scale in Cali and AZ and with the better riding conditions they get more of a 2 wheel culture which might lead to a higher percentage of modding and racing and stunting...but even up here in CT where I live and there are only halfway decent riding 5 months of the year people do mod scooters make em fast as possible, some stunt them and no plates are needed I guess because it just isn't as big of an issue with people not being able to ride practically speaking most of the year due to weather. Also most of the scooters and China bikes come into the USA thru Cali with AZ right next door which I am guessing makes the scooters cheaper and more readily available than in most of the rest of the country.. That's just my view on it. I think scooters would be a bigger issue in a lot of states if the weather and economy supported it more but the reality is many US states riding a scooter just isn't nearly as practical as in Cali or AZ so it doesn't happen on nearly the same scale for any China bike and maybe even all 2 wheel riding as it does for those 2 states

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgasgas1224 View Post

Have you thought about the IceBear Champion? I know it's a 125cc...but if you don't ride too too far and depending on where you live you might be able to throw som Honda z50 50cc stickers on them or even some of the Honda CT70 Trails 70's which the Champion is a clone of actually had 50cc engines! and it looks about identical to a Trail 70 --and they sell headtube stickers on Ebay for the Honda CT70 50cc version...so you COULD easily make the IceBear Champion look like a 50cc Honda CT70 with just $50 in decals or whatever and it might fool any younger cop who didnt grow up with the Honda Trail bikes--some of the older guys born in the 70's or before might be more likely to remember the CT70s more and smell a rat lol...I was thinking of doing this but decided to go legit although pretty sure I could've pulled it off just riding a few miles around my town a few days per week half the year. I don't reccomend doing this because there is always the chance of getting caught and bike towed and ticketed or even crash into a car and damage it and not have insurance to pay liability but if you are looking for a small bike the Champion LOOKS nice at least, I haven't rode it so can't say anything on quality..

Plus dude if you are trying to get a bike where you dont need a registration/insurance then I highly reccomend you make sure you have health insurance and a helmet for when you wipe out as many maybe most people eventually do have a fall or multiple falls given enough riding time whether it is a minor incident or a serious accident where you get hurt

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 05-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #7

Hey. I have the same bike and would apricate any adviseyou could give me what I can do with it.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #8

I don't know about your states, but in Colorado the scooter can't have "gears," which I think a CT 70 has a 3-speed semi-auto. The rules are simple, no gears and 49cc or less.