Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdg2010 View Post
So I got the carb and filters and jets today. I instantly put a 110 in and that made a huge difference. Extremely responsive throttle, bike isn't running hot that I can tell, instant startup, and WAY more power. It may be a little rich but it could also be that I forgot to turn on the kill switch and held the choke closed for a bit while in was trying to start it. So far so good. I took it for a rip and got 71 mph with a tail wind. My dad still hates the pipe lol.
I would also like a little more braaap lol I’ve been wanting to do an aftermarket exhaust and intake pretty bad. After I adjusted my valve clearance, put on a 17 tooth front sprocket with the 46 rear kept, and installed my Mikuni clone with a 110 main and a 25 pilot/slow jet this thing hit 70 so much faster than it even hit 58-60 before and I believe I’m at 1250’ in elevation. Finally getting this thing to run like I want it. One thing about these TBR7’s is that they force you to become your own mechanic lol

Old 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #17

That's kind of the thing with Chinese powersports though, and I personally think it's great. But you have to have that mindset/expectation going in when you buy one. Knowing you'll be doing your own wrenching and that it requires more "tinkering" than Dealer supported bikes.

"Do Wheelies and Forget your Feelies"

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?" -unknown

Old 05-07-2021, 12:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd View Post
That's kind of the thing with Chinese powersports though, and I personally think it's great. But you have to have that mindset/expectation going in when you buy one. Knowing you'll be doing your own wrenching and that it requires more "tinkering" than Dealer supported bikes.
You’re exactly right anyone who buys one needs to have that mindset It’s been a pain for an unskilled dude like me when it comes to mechanics but I can honestly say it’s probably for the best. I mean what’s the point in having your own bike and taking all that pride in it just to have someone else work on it. I am learning to enjoy getting to know about my bike.