Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #1

Hawk 250 reversed front blinkers

So about a week ago I got my Hawk 250 from Orion Powersports. Everything works fine except the front blinkers are opposite of the back ones. I know it's probably an easy simple fix but I don't know much about wiring and don't want to get ahead of myself playing mechanic. I can't find anything online about people having similar problems and I only want to splice the wires if I absolutely have to. Is there a simple way to fix this that I'm overlooking?

Old 04-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #2

Ya, sounds like they were just plugged in wrong, they're color coded. I'm at work right now so I'm going off memory but I believe that left is orange and right is light blue....both will use green as a ground. Just follow the wires from the turn signal to the bullet connector they are attached to. If your front is the one that's wrong, you'll have to remove your headlight to get to it.....if the back you'll have to take off the seat and maybe the rear fender.

"Do Wheelies and Forget your Feelies"

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?" -unknown

Old 04-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

I know some drivers around here that should use those types of signals... its be LESS confusing.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 05-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #4

Fixed?

I just got mine from orion 2 days ago, same issue. Rear blinks in direction chosen, front blinks opposite. Did you get this figured out? I traced one of them down but looks like crimp connectors? Didn't get to further investigate as it started raining.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #5

they should be bullet connectors that pull apart, sounds to me like someone doing the assembling is confused or color blind

Old 05-04-2021, 08:19 PM   #6

XD just flip them wires. slightly concerned if this is an issue

Old 05-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeothec View Post
XD just flip them wires. slightly concerned if this is an issue

If what is an issue? The only issue I can see is someone is installing them backwards, but it does beg the question of how many go unnoticed especially if it's the back ones that are wrong, I don't think everyone is in the habit of checking their stuff. Of course that's what inspection is for, cause everyone gets their bike inspected right......right?

Old 05-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #8

New bikes don't need inspection. But your advice on the wiring is good. Anyway, the turn signals work without even running the engine. Just turn on the key and push the turn signal selector right or left.

I only say this because I think anyone that gets a new bike checks lights before driving it. Notthatfast did! Bulbs can fail, or other issues can happen. But if the lights on the back were reversed (or failed for any reason) and the driver didn't bother to check, there is a Darwin award in the making!

Too bad you were interrupted by the rain. If the connectors are crimped, you will have to cut them and either strip/connect/electrical tape, or get some shrouded connectors and a crimper and make them like OEM.

My wiring bundle behind the light really flopped around badly when I road it first time, so I put a couple of long zip strips around it and snugged it up on something stable (It may have been the frame, or headlamp assembly... can't remember). But as long as you are in there, not a bad idea to secure that wiring bundle.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #9

Oh see here in NH everything needs to be inspected yearly, but I agree you should be going over your bike before riding it for the first time and especially with these Chinese machines as they require a bit of DIY and TLC.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #10

Not really an issue. Just didn't get a chance to investigate and was hoping someone had dealt with it b4 to see if I needed to get any new connectors today. That said, took a look, apparently the geniuses at orion powersports simply put the lights on reversed, they followed color coding, just flipped the actual light install. Lol

So they're no longer color coded but light up correct. *shrug*

Old 05-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #11

Thanks for the tip on the zip tie. Gonna do that now. I've got it torn down abit atm (checking bolts and adding some loctite where it makes sense) and gonna do that. Thoughts on upgrading this cheap looking air filter to k&n or something or should I just get the open one and delete the air box?

Got new sprockets, new carb with jets and new chain otw. Probably going to upgrade the exhaust too but it's backorder atm.

Same issue with upgraded batteries... can't seem to find anything locally that will fit the space provided and the ones recommended that I've seen online are backordered or have doubled in price... really don't like this Chinese crap acid battery.

Tags
blinker, easy fix, electrical, hawk 250, wiring