Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #1

Quick Steering

I have three china 110 quads for my grandkids, different makes but all similar . One of them is very quick to steer. It almost pulls the handlebars from you. The front end parts are tight. I can't see anything bent. It has slight toe in. If it was a car I would say it has no castor. Is this normal for some makes? Thanks

Old 10-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #2

Usually ATVs are set up with slight toe out, as they're inherently less stable than most 4 wheeled vehicles, between high CoG, narrow track, and short wheelbase. I'd compare the toe to the other two, but my guess is that it's that. They generally don't run much caster, if at all.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #3

For some reason ,I have seen some twitchy chineese atv’s come with the tie rods installed on the wrong side of the spindle arm ,you might wish to try flipping them and see if things improve ,it only takes a few minutes .I have had three identical atv’s in the shop at the same time ,and one was twitchy and it’s tie rods were in the wrong spot compared to the others and a simple flip made it as good as the others .

Old 10-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #4

Thanks to Bruces for the tip, I switched the outer tie rod end from the top of the spindle to the bottom , adjusted the toe. The tie rod is now the same angle as the lower control arm and the wheels no longer turn in and out as the suspension deflects. It rides like a different machine