Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #1

Zstar- manual, parts, other

• Hello, Just my boys a zstar 110 quad I believe its a 2004. reading some info and found that the company just went out of business. I live in Winnipeg, MB Canada and just wondering who would look after parts and support in the area?
  • ALso anyone know where I can find a manual for these?
  • What is routine maintenance?
  • What kind of oil does it take in the gear box?
  • Whats the difference between 5w30 and 10w30 and what is recommended?
  • Do the bushing on the front shock require a grease nipple and to be greased, it looks like their might be a place for it but no nipple and no grease their? The person I bought it from thought it needed it.
  • Any other things regarding this machine would be helpful.

• Thanks Trevor

Old 09-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #2

Welcome Trevor!

Even if you could find a manual, it wouldn't be very helpful. Ask us any tech questions you may have, and we'll do our best to help.

Use 15W40 oil all year; I like Rotella, Delo or Delvac, and I normally buy it at Walmart. It will say diesel oil on the label, but that's fine. 5W30 and 10W30 are not recommended because of the wet clutch. To respond to your question, think of 5W30 as thinner than 10W30.

For maintenance, ensure that all of the bolts have been secured with Loctite 242 (available at Canadian Tire), change the oil after every 10 hours of use, adjust and lube the chain regularly, set the valves once in awhile and keep the air filter clean and oiled properly.

Please show us a pic of the area where you think a grease nipple should be.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #3

Thanks.

My phone/camera is out of commission right now so cant take a picture of the bushings in the front, but when it gets out of the bag of rice I will see if I can snap a couple(phone got some water damage to it so trying this to dry it completed).

Where is the air filter? how do you oil it?

How do you adjust the chain?

Also their were 2 bolts on the bottom when I drained the engine oil(one for the engine oil and the other?) What is the other bolt for, I popped it off and out came some oil. I thought that's the gear box? if so where do you add oil as they are separate plugs?

Thanks

My boys loves the quad and has never stopped ask to ride it.
Trevor

Old 09-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #4

Follow the rubber / plastic boot that is connected to the carb, and you'll find the air filter. Clean it with Castrol Super Clean (wear nitrile gloves), rinse it well and allow it to dry completely. I use Maxima Fab1 air filter spray, which is available at most motorcycle shops.

Chain adjustment is a little more complex, and we'd need to see pics of the rear axle before guiding you.

There will be two bolts under the engine, and one has a spring, pin and ball behind it; don't remove that bolt. If you do by mistake, it's not a big deal, just put it back in the way you found it. The remaining bolt (which is closer to the right side footpeg) is the drain plug. There should be a dipstick on the right side of the engine, and that's where oil is added.

The engine is the unit motor type, which means that the engine and the gearbox share oil. There is only one place to add it.

Good luck with the bag of rice.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #5

zstar manual

Hello.. I was the dealer for the ZSTAR ATVS.. they shut down due to the EPA Change over.. all exports to Canada were delayed until the engine manufactures used up all of the non EPA motors for export ... since this would delay their orders they just shut down... if you would like a manual ( hard copy )... pm me your address and I would mail you one.. at no cost to you... this is a good place for info.. and I would send you a how to adjust your chain as well... for the nipples.. you might be looking at a bleed nipple for the brakes.. if the nipple is in a tube for your suspension ..( which I think not ).. then you can grease those with a grease gun... there are a lot of mods you can do but for most of the smaller 110 cc atv for kids... it is not worth it.. the maintence is the most important part... ok.. PM me for a manual... I think I may have a online manual as well.. but as mentioned they really do not tell you much.. thanks & welcome to the club

Old 09-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #6

Zstar manual

TREVOR... it is on the way.. it should be there is about 3 days.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:24 PM   #7

just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a zstar110 starter

Old 09-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #8

starter

call RODS in brandon... or others... see kijiji in winnipeg for dealers... or MANITOBA,... for dealers selling them... or www.gvabrands.com