Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2019, 11:21 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Does SG250 come with identical engine as Cleveland Misfit?

If that's the case, I was wondering if Cleveland Misfit performance parts would fit SG250.
Cleveland's engine OEM is Lifan, whereas we know that CSC's is Zongshen.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #77

What's the top speed people are actually achieving with the CSC SG250? I was seriously considering buying one, until an SRR Buccaneer 250 dropped in my lap for a price I could not ignore. Also, how does the 3/4 size of the bike feel, in general? Once I take delivery of my Buck, I'd love to meet up with an SG250 owner and compare and contrast.

Charles.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
What's the top speed people are actually achieving with the CSC SG250? I was seriously considering buying one, until an SRR Buccaneer 250 dropped in my lap for a price I could not ignore. Also, how does the 3/4 size of the bike feel, in general? Once I take delivery of my Buck, I'd love to meet up with an SG250 owner and compare and contrast.

Charles.
Did see this video? Anyways, I think it's 61mph.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #79

I did see that, but I wanted to know what people were actually getting in real world use after the bike has been broken in.

Charles.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Cleveland's engine OEM is Lifan, whereas we know that CSC's is Zongshen.
Ohh okay

But still I think the price of SG250 is pretty good.

Back in the day when Cleveland introduced the Misfit for $3000, that kinda brought some buzz for being low priced.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #81

Thumbs Up 2019 CSC SG250 San Gabriel

Did you see the selling price increase for the NEW 2019 Model of the SG250?
It went from $1,995 to $2,195. But for this $200.00 price increase you get quite a few upgrades and improvements!
Such as;
Aluminum rims
Digital speedometer with a lot of improvements
Gear indicator
Stainless steel megaphone exhaust
LED headlight with a halo
Inverted front fork
Adjustable rear shocks with reservoirs
Large diameter front disc and tear disc brakes
SideStand and centerstand
AND a few other improvements!
Overall, this is quite a nice group of improvements and a lot less upgrades needed by NEW purchasers of the CSC SG250 San Gabriel. CSC!
The only things I would like to change when I make a purchase is a NEW AND BRIGHTER COLOR CHOICE and INCREASED HORSEPOWER!

Last edited by 1cylinderwonder; 05-11-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Needed a correction!

Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Did you see the selling price increase for the NEW 2019 Model of the SG250?
It went from $1,995 to $2,195. But for this $2,000 price increase you get quite a few upgrades and improvements!
Such as;
Aluminum rims
Digital speedometer with a lot of improvements
Gear indicator
Stainless steel megaphone exhaust
LED headlight with a halo
Inverted front fork
Adjustable rear shocks with reservoirs
Large diameter front disc and tear disc brakes
SideStand and centerstand
AND a few other improvements!
Overall, this is quite a nice group of improvements and a lot less upgrades needed by NEW purchasers of the CSC SG250 San Gabriel. CSC!
The only things I would like to change when I make a purchase is a NEW AND BRIGHTER COLOR CHOICE and INCREASED HORSEPOWER!

1995 to 2195 is only a $200 increase. May have been a typo. I think that would be ok seeing how the new model does actually come with some upgrades.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #83

Now luggage is an option on this bike:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=30677

It just keeps getting better!

Old 05-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #84

Honestly, I don't like most of these improvements. The bike looked old school with the original forks and gauges. The inverted forks cause the headlight to be stuck out, and it looks like a big nose. No fork gaiters either. The bike instantly becomes less usable on gravel, no scrambler conversion anymore. Rear disc is nice I guess, but I'm one of the few that actually prefers the feel of a drum rear brake. The real sadness is they replaced perfectly good analog gauges with a cheap digital unit you can buy on eBay for around $20 bucks. That's not a step in the right direction. The aluminum rims, center stand, adjustable shocks, and stainless exhaust are steps in the right direction. I like those changes... but that development money would be better suited to EFI, or something to squeeze another pony out of that engine. (Just a basic port and polish on that head probably yields a significant power increase)

At least they got rid of the horrible matte paint jobs... but now a racing stripe on the gloss silver costs an extra $95. The price keeps creeping up.

Charles.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #85

I kinda like the new upgrades. Though not as old school looking, as you point out Charles, I like the more blacked out look of the forks and well, I'm a big fan of USD.
The stainless pipe is a nice touch and the mounting rack will allow a guy to mount whatever trunk he prefers. The gloss black is nice, as well. I'm with you on that. Never been a big fan of matte finishes. They really soak the heat in our CA sun.

i don't see any leftover 2018's so the must be selling them. I do see the cafe racer vanished. (RC3?)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #86

On the upside as far as retro looks, the tail light appears to be more retro on the actual bike than the original announcement indicated.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #87

Thumbs Up Need lower fork protectors

I’m a fan of upside-down forks on motorcycles, but not USD forks without lower fork protectors. Even a lot of road bikes have lower fork protectors on their USD forks. And look at all the road bikes with old style forks that have fork protectors mounted to protect the top part of the exposed fork under the headlight from damage. I’ve always installed fork protectors on all my bikes regardless of where I ride. You never know where or when stray rock or stones are going to hit the unprotected areas of the bikes forks.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:46 AM   #88

I was seriously considering one of these, until I saw that video game thing they are using instead of a speedometer. I don't need a disc rear brake. You don't use the brakes going downhill, you use engine braking. And the front brake does 90%+ of the braking anyway. The rear is just for a little fine tuning. One thing I absolutely would NOT accept is EFI. I am a carburetor only guy. I don't ride computers on wheels. The main appeal of the SG250, besides it's price, is the fact that it is carbureted and has a centerstand, so you can actually fix flat tires beside the road (IF you can find a way to get all the parts and tools you'll need onto the bike) I also love the new chrome pipe. I wonder if there is any way to fit the older speedometer on the new model?

Old 03-15-2020, 12:12 PM   #89

That's not a cafe racer, in fact that's a far cry from a cafe racer.

This is a cafe racer:

CAFE RACER.jpg
cafe2.jpg

I wonder why companies love to sell "cafe racer" when it is a non factory stripped motorcycle to the minimal

Old 03-15-2020, 02:18 PM   #90

Looks more like a scrambler to me, it lacks clip-ons and rearsets.