Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

2016 Rhino will not cold start.

As the title says, my sons once reliable Rhino now no longer starts in cold weather without lots of starter fluid. Even then itll run for a few minutes and quit, and will not start without fluid. Battery dies before it gets up to temp. I haven't had time to mess with it much other than play with the one screw adjustment and that does nothing.

I want to get him an after market carb for xmas. I know its last minute, but we finally gave up on it tonight after a week of trying. What carb and where can I get one from? Anything I need to modify in order to get it mounted and running quickly?

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #2

I had the same problems, No more.
I added a small washer under the needle for more fuel and drilled out the brass plug for the mixture screw, popped out the plug with a pick tool. The mixture screw got 2.5 turns. It now starts with 1/2 choke after sitting out all night in 15* weather.

Kids killed the battery fighting with the old carb setting now it’s fine. The garage is heated no choke needed when parked inside.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!