Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #1

Doh! Orion 250cc replacement wheels

Hey all,

Did some pretty decent trail riding and I bent one of the cheap factory wheels(front). Looking to replace the front and possibly the rear depending on price.

Anyone know if any of the "real" bikes wheels will fit or where I can order a set of wheels that will properly fit? If I cant get a clear answer here I'll try calling the distributor.

Orion PowerSports sells the same factory steel wheel on their websites but I'd rather not order the same cheap made wheel. Bikes only 2 or 3 months old, I'd like to get something that will hold up.

Thanks all!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:26 AM   #2

I'd give Buchanan spokes or warp9 a call if I were you.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #3

The most cost-effective way to go is a spoke-and-rim setup...just re-lace on the stock hubs. Lacing and truing is really no big deal, even if you use a crude 2x4 stand to do it.

BTW...I'm expecting one of the first set of billet upgrade hubs from Orion Powersports early next year (along with an upgraded aluminum swingarm). I'm planning to lace up TUSK rims and spokes for a Tubliss setup.

The spokes/rims used would be the same regardless of stock-cast or billet hubs. I believe front and rear axle setups match relatively recent Honda CRF units. I know for sure that the spoke configuration matches Honda CR-CRF (36-spoke front, 32-spoke rear).