Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #16

I'll be at the ride to Wickenburg with both my Hawk and my DR650. You're welcome to put a few miles on one or both of them during the ride. Just introduce yourself when we meet up. There are also other mainstream options out there, the DR250 for example. It's a bike from one of the major manufacturers, which means you have endless dealership support, and parts are guaranteed to fit the first time. It's also going to check all the same boxes as a China bike, but it will do everything better because of the R&D invested to make it a top-tier bike. Just my two cent's worth, your mileage may vary.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-23-2019, 09:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I'll be at the ride to Wickenburg with both my Hawk and my DR650. You're welcome to put a few miles on one or both of them during the ride. Just introduce yourself when we meet up. There are also other mainstream options out there, the DR250 for example. It's a bike from one of the major manufacturers, which means you have endless dealership support, and parts are guaranteed to fit the first time. It's also going to check all the same boxes as a China bike, but it will do everything better because of the R&D invested to make it a top-tier bike. Just my two cent's worth, your mileage may vary.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm assuming Wickenburg is in AZ? That's a bit far for me. Thanks tho!!
As 2LZ mentioned, a better bike doesn't mean a better experience. My trials skills are similar, which is why I like riding my 45-year-old TY. I still get to go play, but don't have the investment in it. Truth be told, this RX-3 probably has more capability than I do.
2016 RX3
2018 H-D FXLR
2018 Indian Scout
1986 Yamaha Radian
1986 Yamaha Fazer
1978 Yamaha XS650
1974 Yamaha TY250

Old 10-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #18

Unfortunately I won't make the ride. The 9th is both my wife's birthday and a good friend's wife's birthday. We are having a party for them at their Prescott house. We need to take the Jeep and travel trailer so there will be enough accommodations for everyone attending. Which means I can't take my bike with me.

Tako has been welcomed to stay at my place the 8th and take my RX3 though!

Old 10-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #19

For what it's worth, I've decided to keep for now. It's just too good a value to give up on this early. Will I stop looking at other bikes, no.
I did, however switch to a smaller front sprocket and took a quick ride yesterday. It helped tremendously.
Tires next and maybe a better seat after that.
2016 RX3
2018 H-D FXLR
2018 Indian Scout
1986 Yamaha Radian
1986 Yamaha Fazer
1978 Yamaha XS650
1974 Yamaha TY250

Old 10-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #20

I put on the 1-tooth smaller front sprocket along with a 2-tooth larger rear sprocket and the combination really, really improved the RX3.

If you want a different seat, I have the Seat Concepts Narrow still available.