Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
I am new owner of Tao Tao TBR7 250 and my speedometer cable broke in 2 days. Does anyone knows if Hawk 250 Digital Speedometer works with taotao? Tao Tao does not have RPM Gauge in the cluster.
Thank you!
I had the speedo factory guy at my house yesterday and we are getting 2 versions made (Bross style and the TT250 style) and also both will be plug n play easily on either bike Hawk or Tao TBR7 as well as extending the system to be able to use on nearly any bike such as the Storm or pretty much any situation etc as I will be adding custom loom configuration/pin outs, gear indicator loom section as well as gear ind switch at the motor, optional wheel speed sensors also possibly universal with several ways of having the magnates attach to either the disc or as a bolt with magnet on the bolt head.

It will have programmable:
Tire circumference 100cm to 250cm so suits any wheel/tire combo and accurate within 2% or so (you can adj calibration)
Fuel gauge or can be used as volt gauge, Bross style will have a fuel and volt gauge displayed at the same time. Other style will have a digital volt meter after TRIP.
Over speed warning function.
Adjustable number of pulses from magnates.
Miles or KM PH

Old 07-08-2019, 01:31 AM   #17

Quote:
I am new owner of Tao Tao TBR7 250 and my speedometer cable broke in 2 days. Does anyone knows if Hawk 250 Digital Speedometer works with taotao? Tao Tao does not have RPM Gauge in the cluster.
Thank you!
Should fit just check if both end are internal or external threads, or inner cable might be same lenght

Old 07-08-2019, 01:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Thank you!
Should fit just check if both end are internal or external threads, or inner cable might be same length

Old 07-21-2019, 02:16 AM   #19

When I bought my used Hawk the stock cluster was broken and the cable was missing. I first installed a Trail Tech Enduance I but I felt it was lacking in a few areas. I pulled the trigger on the digital cluster and now I am completely satisfied.
The stock cluster is going to fail eventually. So I would recomend, like many others here, the digital right from the start.

Tags
cable, fix, maitenence, repair, speedometer