Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I do get where you are coming from though. I cant leave well enough alone, and if I had a tt250 I would be doing a lot of the same tinkering lol.
Yeah, same here.

I'm not against spending money on mods, just want to feel the bike out and see how reliable it proves to be beforehand.

Heck I have more $$ tied up in a bare rear end housing for my next car project than I do in the entire Hawk purchase as an example, lol.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #32

Am I the only one not seeing the attachment?

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
It's google photos curse.... You can see them for a few minutes and then you cannot see them again. I used to post pictures using google services, then i found out about that little issue...

Old 06-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
hmmm, I can't use my photobucket account anymore so I tried google photos. Not sure what the issue is. If I try to upload photos to this site they come out sideways, upside down, etc. If anyone knows how to adjust photos uploaded here let me know..... been awhile since I have been on any forums

Old 06-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #35

I use imgbb.com with good success. It is free and simple
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #36

Best way is to attach and upload to the forum. Then the pictures will be here forever or until you delete it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Best way is to attach and upload to the forum. Then the pictures will be here forever or until you delete it.
How do you rotate the photos though? When i tried attaching them the show up sideways on the post. Didn't see an option to rotate.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #38

Head Scratching

Trying to upload a pic to this forum....

Well, I've been through pretty much all of it now. It moves under it's own power...... (not the most spirited thing I've ever ridden,lol)

Fresh Rotella 15w40
Drained forks and put in 10w maxima fork oil
New brake fluid
Cleaned rotors and calipers thoroughly
Valves adjusted
Chain adjusted
New rear inner tube installed (bought a spare for the front too)
Greased swingarm, axles and shock bushings
Loctite on a bunch of bolts (some I should've just left alone)
Torqued the axles, caliper bolts, fork clamp bolts and whatever else I could find a spec for
Checked brake, throttle and clutch adjustments
Added a few rubber insulators here and there for vibration reduction
Lubed the cables
Removed HAWK badging from seat and handlebar pad

Still plan to keep an eye on the chain guard and how the chain tracks
Carb needs tweaking for sure
Trying to get a digital cluster for it
May go ahead and do chain and sprockets as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190608_161138[1].jpg (97.9 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by bloverby; 06-08-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #39

The motor will liven up a bit once you get a couple hundred miles or so on it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloverby View Post
Trying to upload a pic to this forum....

Well, I've been through pretty much all of it now. It moves under it's own power...... (not the most spirited thing I've ever ridden,lol)

Fresh Rotella 15w40
Drained forks and put in 10w maxima fork oil
New brake fluid
Cleaned rotors and calipers thoroughly
Valves adjusted
Chain adjusted
New rear inner tube installed (bought a spare for the front too)
Greased swingarm, axles and shock bushings
Loctite on a bunch of bolts (some I should've just left alone)
Torqued the axles, caliper bolts, fork clamp bolts and whatever else I could find a spec for
Checked brake, throttle and clutch adjustments
Added a few rubber insulators here and there for vibration reduction
Lubed the cables
Removed HAWK badging from seat and handlebar pad

Still plan to keep an eye on the chain guard and how the chain tracks
Carb needs tweaking for sure
Trying to get a digital cluster for it
May go ahead and do chain and sprockets as well

Nice

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #41

My mikuni clone came in today. I put a 110 main jet in it, left everything else as shipped. Middle slot on needle, she fired right up. Much crisper throttle response. Was finally able to put some low speed road miles on it. Think I'm going to just ride it as is for now, keep a check on the valves and spark plug until it's broken in and I have a chance to get a state inspection on it.

Probably go ahead and fab up a bracket to relocate the chain guide this week.

Also ordered a digital cluster for it. Hopefully that will show up next week.

So far most everything I've read on this forum about these bikes is spot on and it makes a big difference taking the time to go through and address the factory shortcomings.

I like to tinker with just about anything with wheels on it anyway so I'm enjoying it.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #42

Rode the Hawk into town today and got my state inspection done. I'm 100% road legal now.

Unfortunately the speedometer cable broke internally about 2 inches from the fitting at the wheel on the ride home at "52" (lets call them kilometers). Good thing I already have a digital speedometer on order.....

On the Plus side, when I got home I had a package in the mail from TXPowersports with a new lower shock bolt and nut, a complete ignition coil and wire assembly and a new rear brake light switch to replace the items that I found damaged upon uncrating the bike. So far I've had a positive experience with TXPowersports. I had emailed them about those items, followed by an email with photos of the damage and here it is just a few days later and the parts show up. Not sure if I should push my luck and ask for a new speedometer cable now......

Also did another oil change on the bike, pretty significant amount of metallic particles in it, which I was expecting.

Getting ready to install an IMS shifter and a 17tooth front sprocket that came in this week as well. Probably do the air box mod while I'm at it.

I'm determined to make this thing reliable, but you really do get what you pay for with this thing.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloverby View Post
Rode the Hawk into town today and got my state inspection done. I'm 100% road legal now.

Unfortunately the speedometer cable broke internally about 2 inches from the fitting at the wheel on the ride home at "52" (lets call them kilometers). Good thing I already have a digital speedometer on order.....

On the Plus side, when I got home I had a package in the mail from TXPowersports with a new lower shock bolt and nut, a complete ignition coil and wire assembly and a new rear brake light switch to replace the items that I found damaged upon uncrating the bike. So far I've had a positive experience with TXPowersports. I had emailed them about those items, followed by an email with photos of the damage and here it is just a few days later and the parts show up. Not sure if I should push my luck and ask for a new speedometer cable now......

Also did another oil change on the bike, pretty significant amount of metallic particles in it, which I was expecting.

Getting ready to install an IMS shifter and a 17tooth front sprocket that came in this week as well. Probably do the air box mod while I'm at it.

I'm determined to make this thing reliable, but you really do get what you pay for with this thing.
Rode mine for 600 km before the initial tune up and the oil was still honey colored and nothing in the screen. I figured it would be a gray color and I would find plenty of metal shavings like some jap bikes I've purchased new.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Rode mine for 600 km before the initial tune up and the oil was still honey colored and nothing in the screen. I figured it would be a gray color and I would find plenty of metal shavings like some jap bikes I've purchased new.
Screen was clean, very fine metallic particles in oil. I'm using rotella t4 15w40. It wasn't amber when I dumped it, not black either. Looked about how I expected it to look during break in. Engine is running good so far.

Old 06-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #45

Got the IMS folding shifter installed. Had to use a socket head cap screw to install it vs. the flanged head bolt that it came with.

Also installed a 17 tooth front sprocket. Had to clearance the cover to make it easy to install. Slips right on now.

Then added a voltmeter. Still waiting for my digital cluster to arrive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190615_162858[1].jpg (80.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 20190615_161749[1].jpg (89.2 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 20190615_120554[1].jpg (87.6 KB, 132 views)