Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #1

So I got it mostly assembled, changed the oil, adjusted the valves, loosened the chain, put the ngk plug in it, torqued axle bolts and fork clamps, cleaned the brake rotors, fired it up and took a ride around the yard to see how it ran. Got about 3 miles on it before the rear innertube popped,lol.

Also had to repair some wiring damage to the rear brake light switch and spark plug wire. I guess the factory test runs the engines and they had the wiring laying on the exhaust when they did because both items were melted to the exhaust. Found this damage long before I ever fired the motor myself. Oh well, when you buy $1300 worth of motorcycle that's what you get I suppose.....

Old 06-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloverby View Post
... Got about 3 miles on it before the rear innertube popped,lol.

Also had to repair some wiring damage to the rear brake light switch and spark plug wire. I guess the factory test runs the engines and they had the wiring laying on the exhaust when they did because both items were melted to the exhaust. Found this damage long before I ever fired the motor myself. Oh well, when you buy $1300 worth of motorcycle that's what you get I suppose.....
You hold the new record for least distance before a tube went lol. That's why I recommend changing out the tubes. Mine was the front tube, and thankfully I wasn't going very fast.

The wiring thing is also a common issue, though only one other person has ever reported it being melted to the exhaust. Also another reason I suggest going over the wiring, re-routing and securing things. I had a couple of wires break off at the pins of a connector because of vibrations.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-04-2019, 10:54 PM   #3

Here are some pics of the burnt wiring I found before I ever fired the engine

Old 06-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
You hold the new record for least distance before a tube went lol. That's why I recommend changing out the tubes. Mine was the front tube, and thankfully I wasn't going very fast.

The wiring thing is also a common issue, though only one other person has ever reported it being melted to the exhaust. Also another reason I suggest going over the wiring, re-routing and securing things. I had a couple of wires break off at the pins of a connector because of vibrations.
I may be partly to blame for the tire going flat, it may have been under inflated for my first ride. I only gave the tires a quick shot of air hoping to do a low speed test around the yard. Only made it a few laps before I saw the band poking out the rear bead. Oh well, new tubes should be here tomorrow.

I work as a E&I tech, not overly concerned with the wiring. Pretty basic stuff on this bike really.

Also seems like the chain guide may create an issue as well. Not sure why it's at a different angle than the chain.