Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 12:51 AM   #61

Not to hijack the thread to an off topic ,but I'd like to shout out to a fellow WERA racer , I raced WERA back in 84-86 on a Kawasaki GPz 750, unfortunately this was exactly the time when Honda released the first VF750F Interceptors with newer technologies so Kawasakis previous lock down of several years of the 750 class was over .

Still, it was some of the most fun I have ever had in my life and was an experience i have carried with me all my life , it was great getting to meet and ride with and against some of the Worlds top riders Team Hammer, Team CowBoy, Reno Leoni / Jimmy Adamo ensemble of builder - n rider and many many others.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 04-23-2019, 12:55 AM   #62

I received this the other day:

It looks very generic! It’s not “Hi Danny”, it’s “Hello”. It doesn’t mention anything pertaining to my claim. I think it’s a pre-written response. Needless to say, I haven’t received any farther responses.

ch.meha-you ARE the exception!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51380446-427A-4548-9D38-B3010E2CC61B.jpg (7.3 KB, 221 views)
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Last edited by kirbo7106; 04-23-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Pictures were not readable

Old 04-23-2019, 01:03 AM   #63

I was trying to insert these pictures:

Name:  F342D9E8-194D-4E09-9046-55B8057E12CD.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  8.6 KB

Name:  4E49CFC4-26E9-48A6-A0D8-78F4029A1F9F.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  9.5 KB
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-23-2019, 11:14 AM   #64

Starting to see some issues popping up with the hellcats...

If you get your money back, I'd go for an SSR Razkull.

The engine is bolted in with the 3 bolt design of the Honda Grom. If you want to sawp the zs190, you just need the Grom adapter plate. This will help with vibration issues.

SSR has dealerships around the country and can actually get parts in. Plus, they seem to be a LOT bigger than the other companies (in the US anyways).

You'll pay a bit more... but when the Razkull came out, it wasn't a "knock-off" or a clone. And then other companies started copying the SSR Razkull with the Boom Lil Duc.

Also, benefit of the SSR Razkull is that the SSR brand is a pretty well known brand. Like it shows up on RumbleOn and other sites that sell/buy motorcycles.

With the clones... you get a lot of "What is it?" "is that road legal?" etc. etc.

I have a Grom clone myself so it's not like I'm biased towards the SSR Razkull. Just food for thought.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #65

SSR is I must say very protective with there products and what they sale, which is a good thing. It's almost like they don't want to be in the same category as the other clones, "which they are in fact a step or two above in the quality department. I had to jump through several hoops just to get them to sale me a gas tank. As said above they do run around $2000.but you won't have the quality issues.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines
Composimo 2.5 lower link
Grom Calipers-w/ebc pads/rotors
Michelin tire 140&120
13x4/13x7 fatties
Grom forks

Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
SSR is I must say very protective with there products and what they sale, which is a good thing. It's almost like they don't want to be in the same category as the other clones, "which they are in fact a step or two above in the quality department. I had to jump through several hoops just to get them to sale me a gas tank. As said above they do run around $2000.but you won't have the quality issues.
The only dealer within 30 miles of me and one of only two SSR dealers in my state (CT) wanted something like $2400 or $2500 for the Razkull--although I think that included taxes and cant quite remember if that included title and plates-

Maybe not quite 2 times the price if that quote included plates/title which I can't remember if it did--Still it was A lot more and from a visual inspection and the test ride of the Razkull vs riding the Vader after I received it I didn't notice much of a difference which is why I personally chose to go with the Vader. Maybe the Razkull is even a little better but I failed to see anything that was very significantly different in how they ride. I probably would have gotten a better stock carb with the Razkull or at least one jetted better from the local dealer Im guessing. Only time will tell if I made the right decision for reliability going with the Vader but I dont see myself putting a real lot of miles on it before I sell it to someone else who is learning to ride or doesnt want to go very fast

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 04-24-2019, 10:00 AM   #67

Your resale value is going to be a lot better for a SSR.

For instance, the dealerships here won't even take a Boom Vader, Ice Bear Fuerza, Taotao Hellcat, Boom Lil duc, Ice Bear Little Monster, etc. in a trade in.

They will take a SSR Razkull.

That and the fact that NADA and KBB list the SSR Razkull but none of the others is also a big part.

Yes, it costs more... but the other thing to consider to is that to get parts, you have to either go through a partskit.com site or a dealer. There are a LOT more SSR dealers than Boom Vader or what not. Plus... where I'm at, we have dealerships that carry kawasaki and SSR products. That makes it a lot easier.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Your resale value is going to be a lot better for a SSR.

For instance, the dealerships here won't even take a Boom Vader, Ice Bear Fuerza, Taotao Hellcat, Boom Lil duc, Ice Bear Little Monster, etc. in a trade in.

They will take a SSR Razkull.

That and the fact that NADA and KBB list the SSR Razkull but none of the others is also a big part.

Yes, it costs more... but the other thing to consider to is that to get parts, you have to either go through a partskit.com site or a dealer. There are a LOT more SSR dealers than Boom Vader or what not. Plus... where I'm at, we have dealerships that carry kawasaki and SSR products. That makes it a lot easier.
I agree you can almost always get a better trade in value, a better Return On Investment on SSR--At least thru the dealership. That being said I have already had one offer from a third party person to buy my Vader this fall after I ride it all Summer of $1000 which isnt too bad since I paid $1200 for it and I might consider selling it then depending on my situation, if I feel I want a bigger bike at that time or if I end up moving I might just sell.

As far as getting parts--yes also SSR and bigger brands you can more easily find OEM and probably aftermarket parts specifically marked for SSR..BUT I haven't had any trouble fitting those bigger name brand parts on the Vader because they are essentially the exact same bike with a little different quality hardware, fit and finish here and there.
Yes you will get a bit better quality and way better trade in MAYBE better selling to third party on craig list or Facebook marketplace MAYBE and definitley on like RumbleOn...for me it is a bit of a gamble to go with the more unknown Vader that might require more wrenching and only time will tell me if the quality of this Vader is good enough for what I need it for. So far, very early on in my experience I am happy with my decision without any second thoughts. I just wish I had a second person for assembly to put on the wheel and rear shock but even without skills tools or smarts on that I figured it out with a couple hours and some redneckish ingenuity to make a rope tourniquet type lift for the front wheel and brute strength on the rear shock attachment. If I had an extra $Grand$ laying around sure maybe I would've gone SSR and initially that's what I looked at pretty much because it's a bigger name with better hardware maybe slighlty better stock performance that can be mostly made up for with a carb change and with a sprocket change both for a total of $50-$75 the Vader might be faster or have higher top speed than the stock SSR. Time will tell if I stay happy with it or not-- I can only hope for the best and stay solid with my fellow China Riders sharing information to help get the best possible ride experience out of my Vader!

P.S. Both the SSR Razkull and Vader in stock form DO SHARE MANY PARTS including the cheap yet workhorse carb in the PZ20!!

Old 04-24-2019, 03:22 PM   #69

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
I was trying to insert these pictures:

Attachment 16663

Attachment 16664

So does it look like the shipping company will be reimbursing you? I would hope they are! And if they refuse I really hope your Card company supports you by, at least in the end, doing a chargeback no takebacks!
I feel like this total loss disaster you have been dealing with could have easily happened to me or anyone else who has a bike shipped to them since my shipping metal frame around the Vader I recieved, which went coast to coast in the USA after coming via boat to Riverside, California from China, had a huge dent on one of the metal members which left it right up against my exhaust but I was very lucky it was only touching the exhaust with zero damage. There was also a little L shaped bracket that I think is welded on the bottom at a corner of the frame was bent and came off in transit. Also my cardboard shipping box had multiple mpunctures and a big tear, and the metal frame dent was even so visible with the box on top of it that the freight driver told me to get on the truck to inspect my package before he took it off because he though there was a good chance i would refuse it for damage and he didn't want to have to take it off the truck only to have delivery refused and be forced to reload it! Luckily I cut the straps and the only damage I had was a front blinker hanging by a thread of ripped rubber spacer--I wanted flush mounts anyways because the stock ones that protrude are easily caught on anything and broken...so no big or expensive loss there--in fact I didnt bother reporting it.

I wish you the best and hope to hear a positive update soon!