Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
I think your all missing something.

The GY-7 is 4 GRAND MORE!!!! F THAT!!!!!!!

Lifan was just selling us the bikes for cheap so we would drive around and advertise, bait and switch, then when we get into them and tell other people they go and jack the price up tripple!! F them!!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
GY-7.. Where are the pics!?

I herd of a GY 6 coming to Canada very soon. It is a 250cc!

Don't mean to get off topic, If you are good or fair mechanically go for it, they are awesome bikes just little stuff here and there to work on or fix. Most any bike will require matinance, these might require a tad more but its all small easy stuff, well worth the savings.
This is wrong information which you hate so much.

Check the links Skidder posted, those are Lifan Gy6's and Gy7's. We have the Lifan Gy6 in Canada already. The Gy7 may be coming soon. The Lifan Gy6 is a 125 or 200. The Lifan Gy7 is the 250.

Other manufacturers may also name their bike a Gy7 I guess, or importers randomly naming them, but the links Skidder posted are what a Lifan Gy 6 and 7 look like from the manufacturer.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #18

Quote:

Lifan was just selling us the bikes for cheap so we would drive around and advertise, bait and switch, then when we get into them and tell other people they go and jack the price up tripple!! F them!!
You really should think before you type.

If the bike Skidder linked to from that specific dealer is listed just UNDER $4K canadian, how is that "4 GRAND MORE!!!! ", were you paid by ATVD to take your bike? Also note that bike prices in Canada are typically higher. Even still that bike is more like $1900 more, assuming a price of $2100 which is less then I paid for my gy5 from a dealer in Canada, but slightly more then I did for my gy6 in a box from the distributor. You must've done well in math class...

I'm going to reiterate this, you really should think before you type.

Edit: Also compare it to the prices of other bikes on that site, they look more along the lines of Canadian retail prices for for Lifan bikes from dealers. I don't think they actually have that model available though, they have every lifan product listed on their site.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #19

wow, the gy-7 is NICE. will it be available in the USA anytime soon?

Old 04-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
http://www.equipmentsearch.com/deale...pid=&saletype=

"Price $3,979 USD"

I contacted them and they confirmed it was the US price.

Unless the site is wrong and the guy lied to me when I asked him if it was correct.

why are you getting nasty and being rude? There are still some friendly people on here besides people like you, thank god.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #21

That may be the price, but nobody has to pay it.

Allen

Old 04-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #22

Quote:

Quote:
http://www.equipmentsearch.com/dealers/6151/details.html?ownedby=6151&cat=6&adid=229348&pid=&s aletype=

"Price $3,979 USD"

I contacted them and they confirmed it was the US price.

Unless the site is wrong and the guy lied to me when I asked him if it was correct.

why are you getting nasty and being rude? There are still some friendly people on here besides people like you, thank god.
Because you are making all sorts of crazy statements and because you say things like F THAT!!!! and F them!!!!.

Again, how did you do in math class?

Price $3,979 USD. Good, got that. Now. You say that "The GY-7 is 4 GRAND MORE!!!! F THAT!!!!!!!".

So, $4000 - 3979 = $21 dollars that ATV Discounters must have PAID YOU to take the bike from them.

This company is a Canadian dealer who sells products from Coast to Coast Motorsports as far as my understanding goes. You know how they got the USD price? They converted Canadian dollars into American dollars. That doesn't change the fact that they ARE A CANADIAN DEALER. That bike isn't available in the USA as far as I know. Like I said before, our Canadian prices for bikes are typically higher. Un-bunch your panties. When I bought my gy5 from a local dealer I got it for $2500, and that was the cheapest I saw locally, they were usually a few hundred dollars higher. That was like 2 or 3 years ago. This bike is higher quality and a 250. And even if stated in American dollars, those are Canadian prices. :roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: And since we seem to be arguing anyways, why don't you put on a shirt.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #23

Re: new guy, few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldcoupe
there is a new lifan dealer down the road from me so i stopped by to check out the bikes. i looked at the gy-7(?) dual sport. $1600 and the dealer does all the paperwork. how do these bikes hold up in the long term? anybody with a few years on one?
Bring this topic back.

The bike you saw is most likely a GY5 model and that price is not too bad.

I am coming up on one year with 5000 miles and no major problems.

Never been stranded yet except for running out of gas. I am mechanically inclined so fixing things is no big deal.

If the dealer offers support with a warranty and has easy access for you than I would say to consider his offer.

The fact that he sells trailers probably makes him a legit vehice dealer and he probably has a license with a real business location.

You may be able to get him down anothe $100 or so on the price, but I wouldn't expect to get it for less than $1400 with the tag and title included.

Allen

Old 04-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #24

My GY-5 held up great, no real issues except engine mount bolts.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #25

what were we talking about!!

Oh ya The question regarding reliability! Im new to the scene but I can say that I have put on aprox 1000km on the bike 2 of them are on the road 50 on logging roads and the rest are gravel pits, single track and up the side if mountains ,through rivers( yes real ones the air box just above water). Long and short this thing is twice as tough and capable as I thought! Only problem is the cumbersome brake pedal catches and bends all to hell everytime I lay it on that side. Ive dropped it at speeds at least30 times and fell over at least that many more! Ya I,m still not that good, but getting better due to neccesity. Long and short , if your learning get it without hesitation verry well mannered bike. If you like everything besides leaping tall buildings and other supercross stuff(young mans game) buy it, you wont be sorry, because you will still be able to afford a pair of goggles and maybe some gass after the purchase price!!!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #26

sounds like for the price they are not bad. i've had honda and yamaha dirtbikes and i can work on anything. mabey i'll try to talk the wife into one. thanks guys