Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #1

Racing Update

My daughter, piloting the Lifan powered Honda XR200, enduro raced today, scoring a 2nd place finish. She is comfortably in 2nd place in the series, 80 pts out of first, 140 pts ahead of 3rd, after running 4 races.

So far, the bike, affectionately known as the Chi-com Special, has performed perfectly.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #2

Excellent!! These kind of reports keep me stoked about China Bikes !

Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #3

Go, girl, GO!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #4

Thanks guys!

With 4 races to go{2, maybe 3 she will run} she has an excellent chance of making a shot at 1st place, 2nd is pretty much guaranteed.

At 16, she has been racing for 10 yrs, riding for 11, this is her first year of riding the adult series. Bit a of a wake-up call, but she is handling it well.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #5

My daughter is only 1 but I'm pretty excited about getting her into dirt bikes/atv's. Unfortunately the local government is trying to pass a law banning ATV/dirt bike usage to anyone under 16 :evil:

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #6

To be quite frank, ATV's are inherently dangerous. They allow the novice to instantly feel completely comfortable at 99.9% of the vehicle's capability. Surpass that, and in an instant an extremely heavy machine becomes a weapon.

Add to that the irresponsible parents who allow kids to ride large machines. Large machines require large bodies to properly counterweight them when riding.

Add to that irresponsible parents who allow multiple riders, lack of safety gear, etc...

No wonder they want to outlaw it. Still, more kids are injured in soccer, or football, than riding bikes or ATVs...

Bikes, on the other hand, are just as dangerous. But they tend to remind you of that at much lower speeds, and much lesser injuries. Bikes let you know when you are approaching the edge of performance. Large bikes do not lend themselves to be ridden by people too small for them.

Fight that law, to the point of allowing all biking, and all ATV use with restrictions on engine size based on age and/or weight. Ban 2-up riding on all machines not designed for it.

And make sure the law requires helmet use, and heavy fines for disobeying any of the requirements.

For the record, my daughter has made only 1 hospital visit in 11 years, AND THERE WAS NO INJURY! Just misc. scrapes and bruises over the years.

She did break her arm once, riding a bicycle...

Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #7

So when and where is the next race? Maybe we could get a "China Riders" cheering section going/

Old 01-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #8

Well, enduro racing isnt exactly spectator-friendly, its all in the woods.

The picture is from the start, one of three. I didnt see her again until she got back.

'Preciate the thought though!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #9

Having raced both enduros and hare scrambles, I have to say the hare scrambles are better for the spectators. Of course there were a few enduros that it not been for the spectators out along the trail I might still be stuck!