Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #1

CSC TT250 Registered & Plated in Buffalo New York!

I haven't slept a wink since I ordered my CSC TT250. I had read so many horror stories about getting a Chinese dual sport registered in New York. I'm happy to announce that the bike arrived today. Everything was perfect. I went down to DMV with the invoice from the company, my MSO and proof of insurance, and left 1 hour later with plates and registration! My CSC TT250 is now plated, insured, inspected and on the road legally in New York state!

Thanks to everyone here for all the tips, and getting everything ready for DMV. I learned a lot here, and the whole process really couldn't of gone any smoother! Love my new CSC TT250! Looking forward to lots of adventures, and many miles with it!

Old 05-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #2

Considering the CSC bike is 50 state legal (including California's stringent CARB certification) I would have been dumbfounded if you did NOT get your plate. Congrats on the smooth process, and enjoy your bike!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Considering the CSC bike is 50 state legal (including California's stringent CARB certification) I would have been dumbfounded if you did NOT get your plate. Congrats on the smooth process, and enjoy your bike!!

Thanks! Regardless I was a nervous wreck. Haven't really slept since I ordered the thing. I had heard so many horror stories about people having issues registering Chinese dual sports in New York (the land of bureaucracy) . I was really relieved when everything worked out.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitcoinDood View Post
Thanks! Regardless I was a nervous wreck. Haven't really slept since I ordered the thing. I had heard so many horror stories about people having issues registering Chinese dual sports in New York (the land of bureaucracy) . I was really relieved when everything worked out.
CSC did their bureaucratic homework and got a 50 state bike federalized. As far as other Chinese bikes, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were successful Hawk registrations in New York and New Jersey, which reaffirmed my faith in humanity considering the Hawk is technically EPA certified as an 'Off-Road Motorcycle'. I think once a bike is in the state's system, it goes smoother for others.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
CSC did their bureaucratic homework and got a 50 state bike federalized. As far as other Chinese bikes, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were successful Hawk registrations in New York and New Jersey, which reaffirmed my faith in humanity considering the Hawk is technically EPA certified as an 'Off-Road Motorcycle'. I think once a bike is in the state's system, it goes smoother for others.

I originally wanted a hawk too. I ended up going with CSC from the reviews I read online, and the thought that I'd have less hassles getting it registered and inspected in NYS. I may order a Bashan or Hawk next.