Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #1

SSR rascal, venom x21, boom sr3, lol duc

Can someone tell me if these bikes are the same and just bagded differently? I am familiar with China mfg and they look too close to not be built in the same factory and sold under different badges.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:35 PM   #2

The SSR bikes are OEM'd by Yingang. I have a feeling the Ice Bear bike and the Boom (mfg. is Baodiao) are knockdown kits (if that is what they are called). I think they are using the same manufacturing techniques that the multitude of scooter manufacturers use--they get the parts, slap 'em together, throw on a few manufacturer plates, get them EPA certified, and voila!--they are now a 'manufacturer.'

I would put the Taotao Hellcat 125 on the top of my list if I was you, based on price and quality (Taotao have really stepped up their game lately). Then, second on the list, if you could find one, would be the SSR, but the price will be several hundred more. I wouldn't leave off the OG ('original gangster') Vader, but it seems that most every member had to tinker with them right out of the box to get them running/running correctly. I mean more so than dealing with normal mail-order Chinese bikes. But, for the price, the Taotao would be my choice. Here is one example provided Superiormotorsports gives you good service (some have had bad experiences, some good, but they are under new ownership, so seems to be improving) http://www.superiorpowersports.com/1...mc-hellcat.htm

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #3

The SSR Razkull 125 is pretty nice. I recently looked at one and sat on it. The dealer was asking $2300. Which I thought was too much. I can get a Grom for about $600 more. I have no experience with the others.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 09-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #4

These are only worth getting for the bargain-basement prices, in my opinion. I understand the Chinese companies wanting to establish dealer networks, but some bikes are not worth paying top dollar for, such as playbikes like the Razkull. I would be interested in the Lifan KP mini 150 since it has a 5 speed transmission, 150cc engine, and the engine is vertical like the numerous dual-sports we love so much here on CR. That one MIGHT be worth paying $2k (maximum out the door) for due to the extra power (claimed 12.2 hp) and one extra gear. It kind of out-Groms the Grom!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-04-2017, 03:15 AM   #5

The local dealer here that has the SSR Razkull 125, also sells the Benelli brand. They have a few Benelli motorcycles collecting dust on their floor. Nice bikes but like the Razkull, not nice enough to be asking full retail for. The one exception for me would be the Benelli TNT135. It's the best bike in this small playbike category. Great looking machine. I've heard reports that the MSRP will be around $2999 when it comes to the States. That's the same price that my Honda dealer has on the 2018 GROM. The Benelli looks better on paper with the vertical engine, 4-valve head, a 5-speed transmission and other nice upgrades. The 135 looks good as is. Not sure that I would change much on it. Maybe the exhaust to ditch the cat.

I like the red!

SamM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0417.jpg (19.0 KB, 552 views)
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Last edited by SamM; 09-04-2017 at 03:56 AM.