Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
OK, good to know. You've already checked that the slide operates correctly? Goes all the way up, and drops like a French Guillotene? This Mikuni that you have is different than the ones I'm familiar with. When I recommended the Mikuni, I was refering to the ones that had a brass screw on the right side for mixture, and a brass screw on the left side for idle speed. The quality of the castings on the one with the phillips headed screws are not as good as the brass screwed ones. May be a different manufacturer. Check the inside for casting flash, and machining swarf in the jets, including the needle jet. The needle jet is the one that the main jet screws into the bottom of. I'd even look for scratches on the needle it self. China doesn't have trade mark laws like we have. They can hang any name they want to on their product....ARH
Would you have a link to the one you are talking about by chance? Id rather just send the one i have back and get one i can actually adjust without having to burn myself. Im about to head where i left it and do a bit of tinkering, hopfully i can get it home, only 5 min away