Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #1

154 FMI What Honda Engine Is It

As mentioned in another thread I am having some slipping out of gear problems.

If I knew what Honda engine this was, assuming it is a CHonda, then I would be better able to help myself and/or find a shop with parts or who can fix it.

I have looked at every 125 I could find which Honda made and I don't see a horizontal piston model which fits the bill.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #2

It's just a typical horizontal clone of the 50 and 70 cc models .With some searching you can find a brand new engine in Canada for $350.00 ish ,many people just throw them away and get another one instead of messing with them .Honda didn't make the 90,110,125 engines in that style of engine as far as I know ,although there are some newer Honda bikes I am unfamiliar with that may use an engine like that ( groom and nice ?),and the typical Honda 90-110-125 horizontal engines use a different engine block with different mount points ( trail 90-110,atv 90-110-125) and the ignition system is cam driven although the engines look alike .What are you looking for and where are you located in Canada (sorry I just saw Ottawa ) ,one of us might be close enough to help

Last edited by Bruce's; 05-22-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: I am a dumbass

Old 05-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Bruce.

I am hoping to not have to swap the engine but at the $350 price range it may be cheaper than a couple shop visits.

I wish I knew more about the guts of these engines.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #4

I will be in Ottawa for about a week in the next month or two ,I have to bring my mother for an operation .I have a few of these engines dead ,if you figure out what parts you need I could bring some parts or engines with me if you like .

Old 05-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I will be in Ottawa for about a week in the next month or two ,I have to bring my mother for an operation .I have a few of these engines dead ,if you figure out what parts you need I could bring some parts or engines with me if you like .
Thank you very much, very generous of you to offer. I will keep this in mind.

I am hoping to get out again in the next few days to see how bad the problem is. I think we need to get out for a good hour to see if it happens to the same degree again.