Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #1

List of Mods

Here is my list of Mods that I have purchased in the last two weeks for the new SUNL125ccXT . I hope to drive this bike into the ground then put these mods on some sort of Chassis afterwards . After riding this bike unmodified , I realize now I am hooked on Pit-Bikes and will need to build me a MONSTER someday . I think these upgrade parts will at least be a good start on that ?

Here is what I got so far :

24mm Mikuni high flow carb
24mm Mikuni intake manifold
10.5" air adjustable mono-shock
Chrome header pipe
Aluminum big-bore muffler
Gold Billet gas cap
Gold Alluminum skid plate
Silver alluminum folding shifter
40mm K&N air filter with sock
CDI Rev Box
Oury Grips in red
Gold aluminum Pro-Taper bars
Gold aluminum Flying 50's Rear wheel-hub-spokes 12"
Gold aluminum Flying 50's front wheel-hub-spokes 14"

I think thats probably a good start for now for this cheap bike. I know after this blows up my motor, and I will , I am going with a Lifan or Loncin race 125cc motor , and an alluminum frame and major suspension package chassis . I think I have nearly what I paid for this bike in parts now , so after I kill it good, it should be a real easy build onto a new chassis with all these nice parts and about half of the cost already put out for the Monster dream bike . I know where my Governement check is going already !
Plus after just buying another SUNL125XT for the Misses , I will have lots of good parts leftover to keep hers going for awhile too after I upgrade into something really race that I build .

Lots of fun and will post pics soon after all these parts get put onto this little fun making machine . For the price this is one fun machine , even
without the nice upgrades, well worth the money .

Later, over and out , Kelly5150

Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #2

Sounds good, cant hardly wait for the pics.
I dont think you'll kill it real quick unless you shift it hard all the time like I do mine once it a while.

I plan on getting two garmin rino's with handlebar mounts for all 4 machines just to upgrade our communications and mapping ability.

I'm lookng for an engine for my wifes bike not that it needs it but more for the fun of reworking her whole bike.
I do have my eye on an engine (china engine) that would be a challenge to hook up and then of course we'd have to switch bikes. (I couldnt have her riding around on a 20+hp thunderbike)
I hope I get the engine, it will be a one-of-a-kind bike then but I'm having problems finding all the parts for it so I'm not sure yet.

If I get another engine in hers then I'll have 2 200cc gy engines sitting here bugging me to stick them in a frame of some sort.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #3

Two Motors TeamCheap,

Two Motors TeamCheap, what a major dilemma that must be for you Sounds like a good excuse for more toys to me .
Custom fabrication, got to love it ! Especially putting motors into something you have to really earn them into I/E : motors that shouldn't or don't fit the bikes, but you fabricated them to do it, now thats cool work . It was kinda like putting that billet ignition switch on my DB200A just because I can, and had it, and wanted it somewhere else besides ina stupid place like in front of the air-dams . It doesn't matter how many hours these things take, it is certainly a labor of love with this sport.
You obviuosly are enjoying it as much as I.
Although I would never hop up my gals bikes more than mine, I just cannot have her smoke me, much .

Later , Kelly out

Old 02-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #4

Once her bike is faster than mine then her bike becomes mine and she gets mine so it all works out.(for me )

I got to make a call on a blaster frame, I still havnt got one and really dont need it but I still want to stick that 200-GY engine I have in a blaster frame.
I keep trying to shake the need to put that engine in a blaster frame but just cant so I might as well give in and do it.
If I do her bike up and have her engine laying around maybe I'll make a 200cc BSR 8O .

I like working on these things a bit but I am sick&tired of the cold weather, maybe if I didnt have to work out in it all day, every day but now a 40 degree day seems like a heat wave for us and they(warmer days) are on the way.

My government check wont do diddly for me except maybe buy a new computer but my tax refund could be used for many things but I think I'll buy some software and a digitizing probe first then the garmin rino's we want.
The software and probe along with my other tool/s could make a nice, fun, profitable side business.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #5

i heard inner rotor kits are worth it, i think they're all pretty standard regarless of displacement (i guess they just let the engine rev out faster with less weight)

Old 02-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #6

TeamCheap

TeamCheap, I can relate to the weather issue, working out in it , and the NEED for Spring .
I am a Carpenter by trade , I work in and out of custom homes , and I KNOW what your saying . I am constantly firing up the woodstove at night to warm my bones, which bakes my Honey-Pie right out of the house of course, but that chill seams to last for about three months here in Washington State . Yesetrday it hit 57*, a freekin heatwave !
Spring is near . The rabbits on our propert are getting active and tha tis a for sure sign its getting warmer . And it is a sure sign I am getting rabbit in the freezer too !

Now a 200cc Pit-Bike ? Now I know I am crazy, I can prove it, but a 200cc motor in one of these little bikes is certifide crazier than I am 8O
All I can say is wear your helmet please , and maybe hold your breathe, you won't feel the impact as bad
I can barely imagine what my bike would do with the 200c DB200A motor in it ? I want this noted for the RECORD here, that your crazier than me .
Heck man, I was thinking this little pit-bikes motor of mine was already pretty fast ? I am thinking YOU better have a good rear rim to hold that torque down to a minimum ? And for sure some hardened bolts for the sprockets . It would be fun to have that much power , but you may be in need of a Neuro-Surgeon to relocated your eyeballs from your brain pan after your maiden ride on this bike . Please send photos if you do build it, I must see this beast .

I have always joked with my mate that if I cripple myself on the Norton or Harley I want the Norton motor ( 923cc's ) in my wheelchair
Problem with tha tis, I am serious and she knows it .

Later, Kelly5150 out