Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #1

SUNL 125cc Ride Update ,

Well, given that I let my DirtyGirl88 borrow my PZ20 carb for her ATV for a week till hers gets here, I put the one Roketa Central sent her for the ATV that they screwed up on, on my little SUNL125cc yesterday to ride this little bike . It was a PZ19 so bare in mind I lessened my horsepower significantly . It was noticeable too. It still poops out wheelies though, even with 200 pounds of flesh attatached . I did learn how to pop a wheelie with both feet on the ground and turn a 180* and go the other way . thats kinda cool and I wouldn't try this on any other bike, but this little bike is nimble to say the least . It is very easy to manuover this bike, and it turns on a dime with change . We rode around for about two hours yesterday , never seen a girl smile more with her new toy . I was pretty pleased too with this little bike . I did have to adjust the clutch 1/2 turn for the new carb difference . Brakes are good, work nicely and stop well too , even with me on it hard into the corners . Look forward to the new gear to put on it , this bike should shine with some serious upgrades that I planned prior to getting the bike. Since I got no responce to my Carb question for these 125cc bikes, I am going with a Mikuni 23mm I believe , unless I hear different from someone ?
I liken this bike to being on one roller skate ? It feels like the entire bike is right underneath your butt , and it moves under you with just the slightest handlbar responce. Not used to that , but after a couple hours I could really sling this thing around , peeling out in the turns and popping wheelies off little mounds just by pulling up on the bars and gassing it a little . I would like to put some beefy knobby tires on it though . These are ok, but deeper knobbies would be more stable, for me. Having ltitle 12" rims under the rear is something to get used to also . That little tire is moving fast with many more revolutions than an 18" . Makes for quick gear ratio , and shift changes . I attribute the wheelie ability to this ratio thing and pleanty of power, even with the little PZ19 carb . This thing will flat fly with a better carb. E-Bay here I come !
I can't say what top speed is yet, still breaking it in, and the little carb issue too, but it has some poop and it feels pretty stable around 35mph . I was reluctant to go any faster as I am still not 100% comfortable on it, yet . It is alot of fun though , kinda addicting . I have lots of bikes now, but I actually wanted to only ride this one yesterday out of all of them .
I guess I am hooked on Pit-Bikes now for awhile .
Impressed with this bike ? Yes I am . It's what its advertized to be and a little more , and a whole lot more fun than a man should have for $500 .
I want another one for me, but for my gal to be able to putt around the track with me at the same time . Knda a rivalry race thing going on in our house , us being die-hard racers and such . Good fun with my DirtyGirl88 lately around the track yesterday . She even motored up to the mailbox at the end of our rode on her new ATV, so it was nice to see her that comfortable with her machine to take it on the road too .This dirtbike thing brings any family closer, its a real good sport that way . Wrenching and riding together is alot of good fun .
Well everyone , I appreciate all the Tax Return adeas on bikes , as this was a prime reason I looked into the Pit-Bike thing to start with , becasue of you all. Now I have another addiction, Pit-Bikes !
I think when Uncle Sam gives me my $600 or so for his new tax relief fee money when we don't ahve money tax plan this May, I will add a few bucks and buy a really good one of these too. For now I just ordered another SUNL 125cc XT , this one in Black so me and the DirtyGirl88 can actually race these things against eachother, she losing of course !
And yes, I ordered it from ATVdiscounter again , only because of thier great customer service to me . Pianless so far . Several days ago , I
e-mailed the sales department to let them know I got my bike, love it, and that I appreciated all the customer service, especially the personal contact from them from the shipping department . Same day I got an e-mail from them thanking me for taking the time to e-mail them telling them that . Its like tipping your Barber, or Bar-Tender ? If you rubb these people the right way , you get treated good . Don't rubb your Barber or Bar-Tender and your going to get a weak drink and a Butch hair-cut !
Well, the Saga continues today too, out to the garage before the Daytona 500 race to wax this little bike . It got a little dirt on it yeserday
Lots of fun man, lots of fun .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out