Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

easy britten v1000

had the pleasure of seeing these bikes often at race meets in my teens, and is from my home town, long story short, John britten built a completely new bike himself in his garage to go on to beat factory race bikes at Daytona, also bike was light years ahead in his design, carbon fiber everything, live on board engine diagnostics, hes the ultimate underdog,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images (4).jpg (29.9 KB, 38 views)

Old 07-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b44 View Post
had the pleasure of seeing these bikes often at race meets in my teens, and is from my home town, long story short, John britten built a completely new bike himself in his garage to go on to beat factory race bikes at Daytona, also bike was light years ahead in his design, carbon fiber everything, live on board engine diagnostics, hes the ultimate underdog,
I see you also appreciate the work of one of your most brilliant fellow Aussies. Britten was WAY ahead of his time and had he lived longer he could have really changed things in motorcycle engineering. a visionary.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #3

Thumbs Up Rx3

I cant think of a bike I would like or want more then a RX3. Perfect bike for adventure.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
I see you also appreciate the work of one of your most brilliant fellow Aussies. Britten was WAY ahead of his time and had he lived longer he could have really changed things in motorcycle engineering. a visionary.

Haha he is actually a kiwi but thats allgood, John britten like Burt Munroe,kim Newcombe & the konig, bruce McClaren, rod millen, they are are blokes that don't follow the usual rules of conventional thinking, John britten in particular
A great quote from his documentary
"Alot of people idolize owning ferrari etc, but if you get stuck in you'd be living your own dream not someone elses"
A guy who handmade a complete motorcycle with virtually no financial backing beat the world's best ducati /honda etc is every bike/mechanics dream he did it,