Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #1

New Member Looking for best Chinese ATV for son in Az...Help!

I am so confused weather to buy or not buy a Chinese made ATV. Are there any good ones out there? I am running across names like SSR, XMoto, Redcat, TacTao just to name a few. Any advise for me? Thank You

Old 11-30-2015, 12:07 AM   #2

Hello Singlemom.

I guess first things to know is what is available in your area from a dealer, and who will be doing the maintenance on the ATV?

Regardless of country of origin or which manufacturer, the best machine can bring grief if the owner can't work on it, there is no local support, or routine parts are not easy to get.

Folks on this forum are eager to help, but as Johnny 5 said "Need input."

Old 11-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #3

Welcome to these forums, Mom. We are glad you joined us.

I'm sure some of our ATV experts will be along shortly to help you. Chinese ATVs represent an excellent value, but they require much more of an independent spirit to own.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #4

How old is the kid ? What kind of riding will he be doing ?riding around on a lawn or in a field by a six year old is way different than a 16 year old riding in the dunes with his buddies .

Old 11-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Welcome! I live in Yuma, and there are no Chinese bike dealers here. There are a few decent dealers in the Phoenix area if you live there; one who does mail order and I assume will sell you bikes at the store--Motobuys http://www.motobuys.com/

Another place is called Advanti Motorsports http://www.advantiauto.com/

If you go with mail order due to your location or low online prices, you should be reasonably mechanically inclined. However, there are plenty of videos on youtube that can guide you through repairs and maintenance, as well as reviews.

One of the brands you have down is called Taotao, not Tactao--the reason I am correcting you is they have a wide assortment of good ATVs at low prices. There are several videos on youtube if you put in 'Taotao' on the search bar. This is their site, but they do not sell directly to consumers, but you can start your research here. http://taotao.us/index.cfm/atvs/

Anything else, keep on asking us questions!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #6

I should have mentioned--Redcat is no longer in business, and have been out of the motorsports industry for several years now, so if you are thinking of used, I would avoid them, again, unless you are reasonably mechanically inclined. But parts might be an issue.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #7

I agree with the excellent advise given above.

If you are able to fix the usually minor but occasionally numerous problems that can occur with a Chinese bike/ATV and/or have a local shop in the area willing to work on a Chinese unit it can be a good value.

If you are looking for something to scream on the sand dunes or jump, a Chinese ATV may not be your best choice. Used Japanese would be better.

With that said used, or even new Japanese units are not perfect either. It all depends on the risk exposure/dollar ratio you are after.

Most repairs and set-up issues are eeasy for a motivated person to handle, and we would be happy to talk you through the process. It can be gratifying, sometimes ;-)

Old 12-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #8

Disclaimer, I work for China.

---------------------------------------

Taotao is certainly the most established brand in the US. However, we'd like to remind people that Haosen is now entering the US market. If your kid is a teenager, I would recommend our 150cc Desert. The price is going to be higher than a Taotao, but in our opinion we have better tires, more durability, and the vehicle has less vibration at higher speeds.

Having said that, there aren't many dealers in Arizona, although we are looking to find some we can work with. If you know a local dealer in Yuma, perhaps they will be willing to sell/service this vehicle if you talk to them and let me know. Also, you can order from us through Motobuys: http://www.motobuys.com/akuma-150-atv.html