Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #1

WTF Taotao 125 Front Wheels won't fit

My brother bought two Taotao 125D's for his kids, the ATVs are in my garage 'til Christmas so I decided to be the good uncle and put them together. All went well, except I can't get 3 of the 4 front wheels to go on. The one that went on fit with no problems. What is the trick? I am running out of beer... -JerryC

Old 11-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #2

wheels

You probadly can not get the brake drums to go on over the shoes... check the front brake cables at the handle bars... they may have to be relaxed abit... it worse come to worse take the brake cable off of the handle lever... you can remove the bolt that holds the yoke part to the rest of the right handle brake assemble... or undo the adjuster cylinder right on the assembly.. and then take the cable out of the slot that they fit into... this happens so time when I have to assemble them.. DO NOT JAM THE DRUM TO THE SHOES... as then you might break the shoes or the drum...

Old 11-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #3

Tips

Remember to use... premium fuel... or fuel stabilizer.... change the oil that comes with them.. check to oil by undoing the cap.. place it on the top of the oil fill hole ... that is how to check the right oil level... you can use 5-20 oil if you are in cold to cool area.. otherwise use... 10-40.. 15-45 diesel motor oil in spring thru summer to fall weather.. check your chain adjustment... by measuring both sides of the atv... front tire to rear tire.. should be less than 1/2 difference.. ... remember about t he rear safety tether.... if there is no spark..... ok... hope they should enjoy it.... what area do you live in???

Old 11-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #4

release brake cable

this is the part to either remove or take the cables out of
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim's photo (111) - Copy.jpg (34.8 KB, 124 views)

Old 11-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #5

wheels

Thank you, I am in the Atlanta Georgia area so it doesn't get too cold. I will try the break adjustment and see if that lets me get the wheels on. Thanks- JerryC

Old 12-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #6

Wheels

What worked for now is just sliding the brake assembly off the axle, putting it into the wheel, and then sliding both back onto the axle. I will have to make some major brake adjustments to keep them from rubbing but it is good for assembly.