Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #46

great pics from the other part of the southern hemisphere! but those spanish kids need some safety gear!

and regarding your bike prep, just some ideas, if you have the time and resources: it would be good to do the usual locktite fixes. not because the bikes are chinese, i d do them on any bike, incl. front sprocket and stator bolts w medium strenght loctite. and greasing or oiling all cables. they have little lubricant in them from factory.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat42451 View Post
Here, the boats that fishermen use in the Pacific every day..they are called Caballitos de Tortas.....some hand line, others set small drift nets.....if these boats look similar to the boats used on Lake Titicaca in Bolivia its because they are. These are hearty people to fish the cold ocean in these little boats.....
I've never seen a boat like that, and I don't have the huevos to try one on the ocean.

I'm quite amazed by the history in the area, between what you and OG have shared with us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #48

Quote:
...just goes to show you can cover a hell of a lot of ground without panniers or a GPS or really much knowledge......
Wow! If I was accompanying that cute girl, I'd try harder to maintain her safety.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Wow! If I was accompanying that cute girl, I'd try harder to maintain her safety.
I have a feeling that if you were accompanying another woman as far as Mrs. Weldandgrind was concerned, it would be YOUR safety you would have to worry about!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #50

Weldangrind, culcune, zingshoen

Agree with the Loctite preps and the lubing. Why I also would want a shop manual to see if the thing had been set up right.....

Another yes on safety gear. Jesus the things people ride in down here, I want riding togs.....too damn hard at any age to get over road rash or worse....

Have e mailed the central Zongshen dealership here in Peru twice and they have not bothered to answer my e mails, asking only if the RX3 is in any of their stores and if there is a store in Trujillo. So far nothing.

Far as protecting a sweet 2 up situation ah yeah definitely agree I would want better protection for a traveling partner as well. A number of things I could say come up here but I will refrain....

Expat

Old 11-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have a feeling that if you were accompanying another woman as far as Mrs. Weldandgrind was concerned, it would be YOUR safety you would have to worry about!!
Indeed. I meant that in a strictly Platonic sense.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #52

Surprise surprise surprise..... in response to two e mails last week an hour ago the Zongshen office in Lima called me. They say they will have the RX3 shipment in the showroom the 15th. Latest from land of the Inca.....

and thought I might drop a few shots of day before yesterday at the beach on ya'll to help pass the time.....and for those in snowier cooler climes..... seriously though one would expect with us being only a few degrees south of the equator latitude wise that it would be toasty hot here right? Sea like bathwater also, yes....nope. Nights need a sweater. Days in the water definitely wetsuit or ya heart stops......late afternoon on the beach with the mountain in the background; sunset and afterglow. Pretty place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB010001.jpg (73.4 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg PB010005.jpg (42.4 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg PB010007.jpg (35.9 KB, 167 views)

Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #53

Finally- a fellow wave chaser getting the last ride of the day.....and waterfront just after sunset. Water is COLD I am here to tell you.

More as it happens

Expat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB010010.jpg (49.3 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg PB010014.jpg (69.0 KB, 204 views)

Old 11-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #54

Thanks for the update, and for posting the beautiful photos from the beach. The overnight lows are below freezing here, in East Idaho; I hate winter.

As we near the equinox, the sun should be almost directly overhead at the equator. However, the Peru (Humboldt) Current brings cold water from the South Pacific to the coast of Peru.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...2/Peru-Current
http://www.fofweb.com/wgco/Print.asp...4&WinType=Free

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #55

Spudrider-

Do not envy your temps, wind and snow..... Man....

Here is the quotation I got from Zongshen Peru today. I hope the photos, specs on stopping distance &c get uploaded. Now.....her is an idea- be the first RX3 rider in Patagonia. Then in March or April, store the bike here or sell it and go to Europe- maybe buy a BMW R 60 Boxer and tour there- Fantasy?? maybe I dunno but I ve not spent much time in Europe and would like to sniff that place pit before I get damn old. Of course I might be able to book from Colombia or Venezuela to Europe by ship (the way I came down there), carry the RX3 as supercargo and do it that way......

Expat

Edit- document uploaded but didn't appear hmmmm uploaded as .doc. Original as docx.

Last edited by expat42451; 11-03-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: drooling, idiocy and inability to post the document

Old 11-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #56

Can you take a digital photograph of the document, or type the information?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Can you take a digital photograph of the document, or type the information?
Well I possibly could but couldn't include the not very good photos of the naked frame or the stopping distance diagrams or..... the copy I got from Zongshen Peru isn't very good. Maybe this is available somewhere in a brochure online. I also would like to post this brochure to the RX3 forum- seems like people are starving for info over there......

If I can get an answer from Lima whether they actually have one there, I may ride down there-8 hours each way- take few photos and come back.....or stay there......

Wrote the guy in Lima back asking if they had one on the floor..... waiting to hear....waiting.....waiting.....<sigh>......waitin g.......

Old 11-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #58

Update!!!!!

They have one white one for sale in Lima !!!! Just heard from the guy.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #59

Quote:
and thought I might drop a few shots of day before yesterday at the beach on ya'll to help pass the time.....and for those in snowier cooler climes..... seriously though one would expect with us being only a few degrees south of the equator latitude wise that it would be toasty hot here right? Sea like bathwater also, yes....nope. Nights need a sweater. Days in the water definitely wetsuit or ya heart stops......late afternoon on the beach with the mountain in the background; sunset and afterglow. Pretty place.
Those temps sound perfect to me. I like to look at the ocean, but I'm not concerned about playing in it.

Thanks for the additional pics.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #60

Quote:
Spudrider-

Do not envy your temps, wind and snow..... Man....

Here is the quotation I got from Zongshen Peru today. I hope the photos, specs on stopping distance &c get uploaded. Now.....her is an idea- be the first RX3 rider in Patagonia. Then in March or April, store the bike here or sell it and go to Europe- maybe buy a BMW R 60 Boxer and tour there- Fantasy?? maybe I dunno but I ve not spent much time in Europe and would like to sniff that place pit before I get damn old. Of course I might be able to book from Colombia or Venezuela to Europe by ship (the way I came down there), carry the RX3 as supercargo and do it that way......

Expat
You need to be the first (only?) person to ride an RX3 on two continents.