Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #1

PZ27 carb question

New to the site so please don"t take it the wrong way if this is a question on here over and over. (I'm a member of other forums, LOL) My daughter (12y/o) bought a wildfire 200. The carb on it is a PZ27. It idles rough and last night after her riding it, started leaking gas out of the tube connected to the bottom of the carb. I am not new to small engines, but this is the first one of these engines I have seen. The ATV was well taken care of, some minor repairs need to be made, but it is ridable. I would just like some advice on what I need to do to get it running in tip top shape. She worked hard at saving for this bike. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #2

sounds like the float needle is either dirty or stuck, and thats letting the carb overflow. this could cause the rough idle if the gas is getting to high in the carb, it will suck more than neccesary and cause a rough condition... i suck at trying to explain checking the float hieght, so maybe someone else could chime in on that...LOL

Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #3

Everybody who knows me around here knows what I'm about to say.

Wait for it...

Dump that carb and buy a 30mm Mikuni. I've purchased several, and they're terrific carbs at a good price. As well, jets are cheap and easy to find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Carbu...6929eb&vxp=mtr

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #4

This is pretty much the same as a PZ27 carb. The carb is almost the same as the one used on the Honda XR200.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #5

The PZ27 carb has a small screww on the bottom of the float boat right above the drain tube. This probably came loose , this is used to drain gas from carb after you turn off fuel control valve. Now also on the bottom of the carb,where the float bowl attaches to the carb,there is a small screw. This is the air/ fuel misture.If you screw it in all the way,back it out 1 1/2 to 2 turns to be at proper flue air mixture. Or search yahoo " How to adjust my chinese ATV carb"!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #6

Thank you for the replies. You all rock. I took the carb off, cleaned it, adjusted the float and put it back on. No more fuel leak, adjusted the fuel/air mixture and idle speed and it purrs like a kitten. My daughter loves this wheeler, and I like the simplicity of it. Thank you again. May be checking into the 30mm carbs later. Is there a specific sized jet I need to look for to make it work on this 200cc engine?

Old 02-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #7

You might really struggle to find jets for that carb, which is the main reason I always suggest the Mikuni. As well, the jet numbering system is a little different between the two brands.

With a 30mm Mikuni, a stock muffler and a pod filter (like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/42mm-SPONGE-...deb4fe&vxp=mtr ), it will be in the ballpark with a 110 main jet and a 25 slow jet near sea level.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer