Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #1

Regulator wiring

was trying to figure out why my sons wildfire 110 wont charge and the wires came out of the regulator and i dont know which way they go back in. its 4 wires RED,GREEN,YELLOW,WHITE. Anyone know which way they go.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #2

Does this help? http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/dratv_2267_13269058

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #3

Thats how I have it wired but the atv wont run. It will crank but wont start. spark is weak. Is the coil powered from the stator or battery? Is coil AC OR DC voltage?

Thanks for the info Weldangring.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #4

Weldangrind, i m trying to understand the "yellow" wire in that image. what do they mean by "wire you wish to regulate"? does this mean it feeds the lights etc? both white (here blue) and yellow start in the stator. or does the yellow split and the yellow in the stator is really just a ground?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
Weldangrind, i m trying to understand the "yellow" wire in that image. what do they mean by "wire you wish to regulate"? does this mean it feeds the lights etc? both white (here blue) and yellow start in the stator. or does the yellow split and the yellow in the stator is really just a ground?
Here's the lead-in to the pic: http://www.dratv.com/12vrerepikea.html The pic is a diagram that specifically relates to converting a 6V system to 12V, but I posted the pic to merely show the layout. To respond to your question, I'd say the "wire you wish to regulate" would mean signals, tail light and brake light.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMAC View Post
Thats how I have it wired but the atv wont run. It will crank but wont start. spark is weak. Is the coil powered from the stator or battery? Is coil AC OR DC voltage?

Thanks for the info Weldangring.
The coil is powered by the stator, but I'm not sure if it's AC or DC. Perhaps somebody smarter than me will chime in.

BTW, take the time to check out http://www.dratv.com/index.html . Tons of good info there.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #7

thank you!

i also read the following: "the yellow wire coming out of the reg/rec never has it's own power,,

it just "T's" into the yellow wire that comes from the engine's stator wire, that then goes to the headlight dimmer switch.

it takes excess voltage and delivers it back to ground. thus the regulator part of the regulator/rectifier."

Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #8

ac/dc power

on the CDI.... Check the wire that is on the bottom row.. to your right... when you are looking at the cdi itself... click to the top... top row has 3 wires... use a test light or OHM meter... to see if it is AC ... or DC... almost all ATVS... especially the kind that Everyone is using is the AC style..... GOODLE a pic of your CDI... I do not know how to post the pic...

Old 07-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

spark

the spark is generated from the pick up to pulse the ignition coil to make the spark,,, the coil is for the battery charging system.. etc