Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #1

Zongabout

I never got around to upload any ride reports. So i decided to do one with all the highlights.
The rides are in no particular order and stretch 6 months in duration.

In the distance there is bridge connecting Forster and Tuncurry town. This tourist town is very popular during Christmas. 4 hours North from Sydney.

This is how the bridge looks from space.

Who says there is no such thing as free lunch. These Pelicans are waiting for fisherman to return with their catch and clean them on those tables.

This area i never explored before.

When a saw this valley and road in front i couldn't believe how nice it was. Usually where i ride in forests you can't see very far so this was a nice
change. There is no fence too. So you encounter cows on the road.

But unfortunately had to turn around. I picked up his cousin few weeks earlier.

Whenever i come to this spot I always see clouds in spectacular shape.

Yep that's how green it was. I was always puzzled how come grass was so green. Till one day i saw tractor spraying some nasty smelling fertilizer.

Further down the road. Very windy spot. This is around 700m (2296 feet) in altitude. Potatoes from this area are best that i have tasted.

Wallis Lake near Forster, NSW

The other side later that day.

I wanted to wait a little more, but as soon as sun sets down it gets really cold, so decided not to wait any longer. This was during winter.

Mountain in the background, haven't been on that one. You can only walk to the top. But the mountain behind it been there.
I even have pictures from my other ride report.

Looking in the direction of previous picture.

Left home just as sun was coming up. Wanted to test my gear and see how brave i was. I almost turned around. The cold was biting my face.

Frost.

Once i reached other side of the mountain it was a little bit warmer.

Arriving at this coastal town. Here it was very pleasant temperature.

Came to this beach, but it was high tide so didn't want to go any further. Zong is not that good on sand. Even with tyre 130 wide it still sinks.

From this spot just behind me i saw people watching whales. They weren't that close but sometimes they come really close.
They come around June, July to have their babies.

Going back i see this big animal.

I saw few of them.

Another beach i visited. That's how beautiful summer was.

There was even one hang glider.

Lighthouse at the top. The beach was really beautiful.

Very steep to the top.

After that unlucky incident with the screw I went there few weeks later. The plan was to go all the way to the top and then cross over those
mountains on the left.

Very dusty road. People live around here too.

When i crossed over those mountains I saw this lookout.

Somewhere in the distance is Barrington Tops National Park it was listed as a world heritage area. The highest peak is Brumlow Top which rises to a
height of 1,586 meters (5,203 ft). Snow usually falls on the mountain peaks every year and occasionally snows enough to close roads.
More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barring..._National_Park

That day I even managed to break my personal best even though i wasn't planning it. Doing almost 300km (186 miles).

I occasionally come across sites like these, something i am not happy to see.

Another scalped spot somewhere else different forest.

What i found strange about this lookout, the structure in particular, once you climb up, there is no door to go inside.
But now i think that it's for Fire spotters - lookout. Probably used before but not anymore my guess.

Remember this crossing.

How it looks when it doesn't rain so much.

Brand new sign.

It was very clear day.

After i took this picture i saw 2 riders coming my way.

This was a nice surprise as i don't come across other riders. Vstrom is beautiful bike but it's huge.

Gentlemen in red jacket had bmw before but now has vstrom. The other Gentlemen has yamaha 250 with 20 litre acerbis tank. Much taller bike than
Zong. I told them i had Chinese bike Zongshen. They weren't very impressed. I checked his odometer and saw that he had 1,000 km less than what
I had on Zong. As it was getting late they had to go. So I wished them safe trip. They had few more hours of riding before getting home.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #2

Excellent pics! Thanks for taking the time to share them. i got a kick out of the pelicans and camels.

I've never heard of a world heritage site. Interesting.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #3

Thanks for posting the beautiful photos, Pliskin. Please don't wait so long for your next ride report! We would love to see your photographs soon after you take them, not 6 months later. The colors in your photos are beautiful, and your yellow/black Zong is looking better than ever!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 AM   #4

Thank you Weldangrind & SpudRider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I've never heard of a world heritage site. Interesting.
Planning on going there one day.

@ SpudRider. Last couple of pics only few weeks old. Didn't have enough pictures to do individual ride reports that's the main reason. :wink:

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #5

Thank you for the pictures. What a fantastic place you live in.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin
Thank you Weldangrind & SpudRider...

@ SpudRider. Last couple of pics only few weeks old. Didn't have enough pictures to do individual ride reports that's the main reason. :wink:
You don't need to take a lot of photographs; even a single photograph is fine for a ride report. We always enjoy viewing your photos from Australia, and we hope you post more of them in the near future.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #7

Thank you FastDoc. Yes it's an amazing place.