Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #1

wanna know what kinda atv this is!

could someone please tell me what kinda quad we bought? we need parts but dont know what to buy.
Thanks, Zoe[/img]

Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #2

Hello! I'm reposting your photo so it's easier to view . I'm not sure what make it is but I'm guessing it's maybe a Tao Tao? Does it have an automatic transmission? Hoping somebody more knowledgable than me will chime in. Anyway, here's the pic again.

Edit: After looking at a few pics online I don't know if this is a Tao Tao 150 or not, the grill and rack system is different, but the rest looks similar... Unless it's an older model?

Old 12-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

There are really only a few different chinese atv models out there and then everyone re badges them with their own name. If we can figure out which style of machine you have it should be pretty easy to figure out parts for it. What parts are you needing?

Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 AM   #4

Need pics of the engine. Looks like an automatic (CVT) with a forward and reverse lever.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i472/Zoe_Hiebert/

Thanks so much for all the fast replies! i have posted some more pictures of the atv we are needing a starter and battery plus it would be great to know make/brand for future repairs! it is a liquid cooled 4 high 4 low plus reverse! i do have the VIN number if that would be of any help just ask and i will provide it! Thanks again!

Zoe

Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #6

I still have no clue what it is... But, if it's 4 wheel drive and shaft drive to the rear wheels I'm thinking it might be something similar to the GIO utility ATV they used to sell. I think it was a 300cc machine. Again, hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will recognize it and chime in

Old 12-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #7

I uploaded a picture of the VIN number sticker that is on the ATV! Hope that helps!!!

http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i472/Zoe_Hiebert/

Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #8

Your engine is a clone of the honda elite ch150 scooter engine. CVT automatic drive.

It is liquid cooled. try www.scrappydogscooters.com for a starter and parts.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #9

Could be, but I've never seen a liquid cooled 150 GY6. Could it be a 250 GY6?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #10

I found and old post on here that has a picture of a very simaler one to mine! would you agree it is the same?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe
I found and old post on here that has a picture of a very simaler one to mine! would you agree it is the same?
Yup, you nailed it Zoe, I would say that is the same machine! The thread on it doesn't really give a lot of information though other than it's 260cc and two wheel drive... It looks like Hardly Dangerous Motorsports in Ontario used to handle them. He hasn't made any posts since 2009 but you could try PM'ing him and maybe he would reply? Visionary Motorsports in Edmonton handles Linhai ATV's if that definitely is what it is, I don't know how parts availability is for older machines though. Heres a link to the other thread so in case anybody recognizes the ATV.
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=2503

eBay is also an excellent resource for chinese bike and atv parts, you have to know what the part looks like to buy from there though. Prices are really decent as well. Here's an ebay search for atv starters: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories