Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #1

STOLEN: Gio X31 near Grande Prairie, AB

I was out riding my X31 May 1st. And managed to crash. And unfortunately, broke my hip.

Was riding alone (bad idea) but had my cell phone, and was rescued, in time.

However, had to leave the bike out near the trail I crashed on. Had a friend go back a few days later to get it, however it's gone.

VIN# is L98B1K1D2A1000679

Has newer Michelin tires on it, other upgrades. On the off chance someone on here comes across it, please contact me.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #2

Man, that sucks! :evil:

I think you had a plate on it, therefore nobody else will be able to register the bike. I hope it's recovered soon.

More importantly, I hope you heal soon. How long did the Dr. say it will take?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Man, that sucks! :evil:

I think you had a plate on it, therefore nobody else will be able to register the bike. I hope it's recovered soon.

More importantly, I hope you heal soon. How long did the Dr. say it will take?
RCMP called today, got the name and phone number of the good samaritan that picked it up and reported it. I am pleasantly surprised, considering I've had 4 pocket bikes and a couple of dirt bikes stolen right out of my driveway, that were covered and locked.

Leg is healing quite well, even though it's been only a week. However, because of the way it broke, I am told I won't be able to put any weight on it for 3 - 5 MONTHS.

Considering the speed I was going (maybe 5 MPH), and I kind of just tipped the bike and flew over it maybe 6 ft., in theory I should have had no more than a bad bruise. But I've had bone density issues in the past, so that likely was the last dirt bike ride I take. Time to switch to the ATV, and drive it like an "old man".

Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #4

Excellent news! Buy that guy a root beer.

Are you hinting at Osteoporosis?

I can't afford to get hurt, or I can't work. As a result, I'm inclined to ride my quad more and my dirt bike less.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #5

I'm glad to hear you are healing and someone did the right thing. It happens!

Sometimes I see minor get-offs cause major damage and vice versa.

My buddy Ron got osteoporsis from a low testosterone. Had a minor fall and broke his hip. He's got a new hip, is on calcium, vitamin D, Fosamax and testosterone and it fine, thank God.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #6

Hey! Grande Prairie! That's where my KLR hails from! Hope you heal well, sounds like a nasty get off even for a low speed one! Good to hear your getting your bike back though. Breaking a hip... Ouch!! Wait a sec, last dirt bike ride? :(

Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #7

I was diagnosed with osteopinea a number of years ago, which is the precursor to osteoporosis. They put me on some kind of drug for a short period, then I had to get more bone density tests, which they said were fine. But I think it's time to get bone density scanned again.

It was really a sucky, minor crash. Caught a soft spot, handlebars twisted, bike went over, I flew maybe six feet. Landed right on my hip/pelvis, but even then it was fairly sandy. Normally I should maybe have gotten a bruise. But no, now I have a pinned hip, a lot of pain, and instructions that I can't put weight on it for 3 - 5 months.

So yeah, I'm done. I cannot afford for this to ever happen again. So the X31 is going up for sale, locally, then I'll post it on here. Lot of upgrades, including new Michelin tires.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 AM   #8

At least we have quads. I know that you haven't been overly happy with yours so far, but there's hope that the bugs can be worked out. I'm really starting to appreciate my quad.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #9

PLEASE make sure your doc checks your testosterone level. You need to be at the HIGH end of the normal scale from now on. You also need your calcium and vitamin D monitored. Ask about a medication called Forteo. It's the best for treatment failure osteoporoic fractures.

Plus regular weight bearing exercise, no smoking, little or no pop, not too much caffine.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Plus regular weight bearing exercise, no smoking, little or no pop, not too much caffine.
Holy crap man, maybe I should just cut my peepee off too...

Actually, I had to quite smoking a week ago. One of the problems with the hip fracture I have is blood circulation. If the blood vessels don't reconnect, I might end up having to get a replacement hip. And smoking dilates small blood vessels. So I am having to suffer with withdrawal as well.

But thanks for the advice - will take this to my doctor!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #11

You can keep the pee-pee. :wink: