Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #16

Yep. I dumped it. Frostbite will likely ban the user shortly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #17

Spud! Just to give you an update. I don't think i will get the sprocket JTR 468.36. I was talking to one of the mechanics from here and he told me that would be too small and maybe bike wouldn't have power. This is the website where i found it. http://www.storm-motor.fi/en/osat/mo...ki/ar125/1983/. Here in Australia they couldn't get it. So that's the story. I have other issues with the bike. I will post a new threat and see if somebody can give me some ideas.
Thank you.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin
Spud! Just to give you an update. I don't think i will get the sprocket JTR 468.36. I was talking to one of the mechanics from here and he told me that would be too small and maybe bike wouldn't have power. This is the website where i found it. http://www.storm-motor.fi/en/osat/mo...ki/ar125/1983/. Here in Australia they couldn't get it. So that's the story. I have other issues with the bike. I will post a new threat and see if somebody can give me some ideas.
Thank you.
I agree. A 36T rear sprocket is quite small for the Zong. Quite frankly, I think the Zong is geared too high with a 15T/46T sprocket combination.

Please do start a new thread in the Dual Sport forum. We will try our best to help you resolve your problems. Also, if you have time, please do post some photos of your Zong in its native habitat; we love photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Also, if you have time, please do post some photos of your Zong in its native habitat; we love photos!
I will definately take my camera more. I like your pics with great panoramic background. I am uploading few more pics.

This one is from earlier rides. It follows the first one i posted. In the first one you can see mountains in the distance.
And this one i am starting to climb.

This is from my second ride. Only later looking through google earth did i find that this is swampy area.
Probably the reason why these trees have this colour.

Slowly going back home after a long day in the saddle. This day i did 200km (that is zongs 200km ) or 124.274238 miles.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #20

Thanks for the pics! Isn't it dangerous to park on the wrong side of the road like that?

I never realized just how restrictive the Zong muffler is. Any plans of installing an FMF like Spud did?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #21

Thank you for posting the beautiful photographs, Pliskin! Your Zong looks great with the yellow, fuel tank shroud.

Can you purchase an FMF Universal Spark Arrestor in Australia? The FMF silencer is a great unit. However, I think you will be able to find many other suitable alternatives. If you wish, post links to some silencers you are considering, and we will be happy to give you our evaluations of them.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #22

Beautiful pictures!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Thanks for the pics! Isn't it dangerous to park on the wrong side of the road like that?

I never realized just how restrictive the Zong muffler is. Any plans of installing an FMF like Spud did?
Indeed i would think it is
I was thinking about new muffler like Spud did. But i was wondering if i could modify this one. I like the look of it. Will see. Was it you in one of the posts that opened one to see how it looks inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Beautiful pictures! Very Happy
Thank you Doc i appreciate your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thank you for posting the beautiful photographs, Pliskin! Your Zong looks great with the yellow, fuel tank shroud. Very Happy

Can you purchase an FMF Universal Spark Arrestor in Australia? The FMF silencer is a great unit. Smile However, I think you will be able to find many other suitable alternatives. Wink If you wish, post links to some silencers you are considering, and we will be happy to give you our evaluations of them. Smile

Spud Smile
You are welcome Spud. It brings smile to my face everytime i see it. Don't like black much.
I culdn't find it in the shops. But maybe it can be ordered from U.S. But as you said maybe there are other alternatives. Thank you for suggestion. Will think about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Was it you in one of the posts that opened one to see how it looks inside?
Yep, it was me. Do you have access to a MIG welder? If so, you can grind the ends off of the muffler with an angle grinder and flap disc. I usually use a 80-120 grit flap disc on a 4-1/2" grinder.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #25

No MIG welder. I was just thinking of drilling one to two holes in the back where that little pipe comes out just next to it. Just enough so fumes come out faster. Not sure how good idea it is. I am also wondering if your muffler is the same as mine. Because they are different in shape. Maybe the inside is the same who knows. Did you also install FMF muffler like Spud?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #26

Quote:
...I am also wondering if your muffler is the same as mine. Because they are different in shape. Maybe the inside is the same who knows...
Your Zong's muffler is different from the mufflers on the Zongs imported into the United States of America, Pliskin.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Did you also install FMF muffler like Spud?
Nope. Too cheap.

I recommend a MIG welder. Joining steel with fire is great fun.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #28

Thank you Spud. I thought so. Well anyway i am just exploring my options and see what's the best alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I recommend a MIG welder. Joining steel with fire is great fun. Very Happy
I like my eyebrows the way the are
I actually was thinking of getting a MIG welder few months ago, i think it was MIG not sure now from ALDI store here.

Thank you guys for great feedback I appreciate it.