Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #46

Don't get me wrong. I love Yamahas. These lil quads are a sort of stepping stone. I think theyre a decent machine for their price and if the kids are somewhat serious about riding, then their next step would be Raptors. So far, they love 'em. Right now we have 2 Tao Tao 110cc's and a Yamaha 50cc dirtbike. The oldest 2 daughters ride the atv's while my 6 yr old daughter rides the dirtbike. Hmmm...actually she just turned 7! Oops. Anyhow, she's showing a want to ride the atv's. So, I may be in the market for a smaller atv this spring. I'll also be in the market for an 85 or 110-125cc dirtbike if one of my oldest two daughters decides to two-wheel it. Meanwhile, I have a 4th daughter(4yr old) who graduated from training wheels this week! So, take a guess in who'll be riding the 50cc dirtbike this spring! While I'm at it, I may as well mention the 2 yr old daughter...she'll be on a batt operated Atv. Couldnt leave her out! And last, but not least is the 6th child, the boy. He's only 6months old. He'll be riding in a baby walker. In reality, the atv's & dirtbikes are really his. He's just letting his sisters ride outta charity...shhhh

But, honestly, these are good machines for me to get a feel for what my kids are going to do. I just cant see myself spending thousands of dollars on yama, kawa, suzu or hond only to find my kids have no interest. These Taotao's will be just fine for each kid to pass thru that size and onto the next level if theyre interested.

Im just glad i was able to learn a few more things and hopefully avoid spending a fortune on labor/repair costs. Places like this are great resources and great places to 'meet' other ppl with similar interrsts. Thnx again